On screen shift button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On screen shift button

How about a shift function toggle in the top right of the screen in the black bar that when pressed allows the knobs to adjust which grid cell you are working on from any screen? How about using a shift key to disable the pads and allow you to rearrange the order to work better with different midi controllers. I think this has legs, I also figured this might be helpful in the future as more functions get added also then the section title can be centralised above the grid, it bugs me how it’s off centre now but that’s my issue to get over atm.
    Last edited by Blacksox; 07-03-2019, 02:38 AM.

Thanks for the idea. The best idea I have heard for selecting pads quickly from other screens is to add a popup to the grid control in the upper left. I look forward to your thoughts.

Comment

I thought about this and wished that long holding the pad grid in top left would open a window of pads and you select then release.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        Thanks for the idea. The best idea I have heard for selecting pads quickly from other screens is to add a popup to the grid control in the upper left. I look forward to your thoughts.
        Wow hope I don’t let myself down. I agree a pop out would be best solution, half of the keyboard, tap the top left grid to open/close again. Another option maybe using just the top left knob to scroll through them? I still think the shift key is still a goer (IMO) as in this situation I might be able to hit shift (SFT

Comment

Another idea for a yet unused possible button combo:
          Hitting an already lit physical button (e.g. press 'PAD' to go to pad screen, then again press the now lit 'PAD' button).
          Some possible ideas for uses:

- On the RS7000, this mechanism is used to advance through the pages of this section and i think is much quicker than the current pressing 'pad', then going deeper with the 'info' button.
          - Toggle screen to another 16 sample pads, another 16 sequences, etc.
          - for the 'keys' button toggle between keys/pad grid
          - tap tempo when multiple hitting 'song'

Comment

Originally posted by Blacksox View Post
            How about a shift function toggle in the top right of the screen in the black bar that when pressed allows the knobs to adjust which grid cell you are working on from any screen?
            that area in the top right corner of the parameter pages for pads is very small and right next to the play button. I don't have fat fingers but I'd be worried about triggering when I wanted to shift, even with a stylus. I like the grid idea instead. Right now the grid takes you to the home screen, but you can push the pads button to do that. I like the pop-down grid idea. It's also consistent with pad selection on the keys view of the piano roll.

Comment

How about using a shift key to disable the pads and allow you to rearrange the order to work better with different midi controllers.
              I like the idea of touch and hold to go into wiggle/move mode to reorder the pads. That's the kind of thing you shouldn't need to do in a live gig (let me know if I'm wrong). So I wouldn't worry about false triggers for that. It would work like re-arranging icons on an iphone or ipad. Then you hit back to get out of wiggle/move mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapman View Post
                Another idea for a yet unused possible button combo:
                Hitting an already lit physical button (e.g. press 'PAD' to go to pad screen, then again press the now lit 'PAD' button).
                Some possible ideas for uses:

- On the RS7000, this mechanism is used to advance through the pages of this section and i think is much quicker than the current pressing 'pad', then going deeper with the 'info' button.
                - Toggle screen to another 16 sample pads, another 16 sequences, etc.
                - for the 'keys' button toggle between keys/pad grid
                - tap tempo when multiple hitting 'song'
                I see what you are saying for the pad button. I know that on the Tools screen I keep trying to push tools again to get to the second page instead of pushing info.
                I'm not sure about the KEYS button. For the tap tempo, that's a pretty stiff button to tap for a tempo for me. It's hard to time it so the actual contact is made at the desired time. It's not really designed for that sort of use.

Thanks for the ideas. We'll think about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
                  I like the idea of touch and hold to go into wiggle/move mode to reorder the pads. That's the kind of thing you shouldn't need to do in a live gig (let me know if I'm wrong). So I wouldn't worry about false triggers for that. It would work like re-arranging icons on an iphone or ipad. Then you hit back to get out of wiggle/move mode.
                  The iPhone eg was precisely what I had in mind when I was thinking about this but in terms of practicality how would the bb know the difference between holding a pad with a sample set to gate, being held and the user wanting to rearrange the pads? I know there isn’t much space up at the top and when I suggested this I wasn’t even sure if that part of the screen is touch sensitive (I’m really not tech) I was thinking that within that same title bar the bars and beats indicator could be used again as a pop out so you could alter where to play from for the users who use bigger samples and the section title could be a drop down to change which section you are working on, again just to create a few shortcuts.

Not it sure what happened to my first response btw it looks like it has published it at stage prior to having been finished (?)

Comment

The iPhone eg was precisely what I had in mind when I was thinking about this but in terms of practicality how would the bb know the difference between holding a pad with a sample set to gate, being held and the user wanting to rearrange the pads? I know there isn’t much space up at the top and when I suggested this I wasn’t even sure if that part of the screen is touch sensitive (I’m really not tech) I was thinking that within that same title bar the bars and beats indicator could be used again as a pop out so you could alter where to play from for the users who use bigger samples and the section title could be a drop down to change which section you are working on, again just to create a few shortcuts.

Not it sure what happened to my first response btw it looks like it has published it at stage prior to having been finished (?)
                    I forgot about the gate hold. We'll have to think about this some more when we are ready to dive into the feature.

Comment

Working...
                    X