Hold Button on Keys Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold Button on Keys Page

I think it would be very cool to have a hold button on the keys page (which would either work with the on screen keys or an external controller) which when pressed would hold notes on and show them as on by having the key stay lit on the keys screen until you toggled them off again.

This could be an advanced feature - tapping the info or back button could toggle hold on or off.

I've advocated for alternate keys page views like a scale grid - which could go on the info button - this could go on the other button.

It could also be a function of pressing the keys page button again.

Sounds like a job for the shift button Like the hold idea, maybe with arp option too that could play through in order of keys pressed. Deffo need some pages off keys, i’d still love to see ADSR on there, I like the idea of being able to toggle between keys and a pad layout for slices too.

Comment

Originally posted by oHeFFeSS View Post
      It could also be a function of pressing the keys page button again.
      That would be great !
      Although i see one challenge still with a pad view: Often there are lots of slices, which are covered nicely by the big range of keys and accessible by using the octave switches. So there would have to be a way to advance through the slices also for the pads.

Comment

Having a key/note hold function would be useful for controlling/playing external hardware with built in sequencers/arpeggiators.

Hold a a note on the BB to play a Nord Lead 4 arp etc...

Gating loooong samples too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vril.i.am View Post
          Having a key/note hold function would be useful for controlling/playing external hardware with built in sequencers/arpeggiators.

Hold a a note on the BB to play a Nord Lead 4 arp etc...

Gating loooong samples too.
          I love that too... hold on external instruments is great.

i would always appreciate an arpeggiator but I think hold on it’s own is more important than that for the Blackbox.

Comment

Working...
          X