Novation Launchpad LED Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novation Launchpad LED Feedback

I just looked into getting a controller for triggering the blackbox.
    I stumbled over the Novation Launchpad wich seems to have a mode, where the host application (in this case the BB) can send it midi notes to enable/colour leds on its pads.
    Since the BB acts as USB Midi host, it might be possible to have a mode, where this LED Feedback messages (simple midi notes with color coded into velocity value from what i read) could be sent from the BB.
    This way, the Launchpad could always show the current state the related pad/sequence is in on its led pads.

Seems like a perfect match for the BB and can be bought for cheap (i saw used ones for 30€).

Originally posted by Zapman View Post
    I stumbled over the Novation Launchpad wich seems to have a mode, where the host application (in this case the BB) can send it midi notes to enable/colour leds on its pads.
    Since the BB acts as USB Midi host, it might be possible to have a mode, where this LED Feedback messages (simple midi notes with color coded into velocity value from what i read) could be sent from the BB.
    This way, the Launchpad could always show the current state the related pad/sequence is in on its led pads.

Seems like a perfect match for the BB and can be bought for cheap (i saw used ones for 30€).
    Bi-directional midi via usb host is on my wishlist - I’m not sure they’re gonna implement it but i hope they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapman View Post

Launchpad pro?
      could be the perfect match.
      no one seems tried that before.
      let us know

Comment

I have a Launchpad Pro. I like the velocity sensitive pads. It is a little big and bulky considering. I also have the impression that the external power supply is a good idea when using blackbox.

Comment

Regarding the bigger topic of LED feedback, this is a good idea and something we have in our wishlist.

Comment

• Zapman
            Zapman commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats great to hear! Launchpad mini would be a smaller option but only supports 3 colors. Would run on USB Power maybe.
            The 4x 4x4 layout seems perfect to control/overview pads/seq/fx/mix section.
            Function and scene buttons could be used for Song mode on/off, selection song sections 1-8.

Don't know how many other controllers support that LED feedback features.

+1 for LED feedback! It would make a huge difference for live sequencing.

Comment

Coming back to this wishlist item. Now that we have so much more midi control over recording/looping, I really hope that LED feedback for midi controllers can be implemented. If I'm in the middle of a set and live looping/recording, I'd rather be able to tell what's going on by looking at my Launchpad Pro MK3 and Midi Fighter Twister. I imagine some of the actions might happen behind the scenes without the screen updating. And updating the controllers when switching projects would be necessary.

Comment

whatever happenden to giving [proper led feedback in an firmware upgrade 1010music would be the best blackbox gift ever

Comment

I’ve move on and sold my Blackbox. For me, the development plan is clearly not intended for my use case. This is further confirmed with the announcement of 3.0 firmware which focuses on song mode and sequencing, which are functions I have never and will never use on a device like this. You know what they say about a jack of all trades?

1010, if you’re reading this, I would buy another BB or a new device altogether that solely focuses on live improv, looping, clip recording and sample mangling, with proper support for external control devices to alleviate the need to use the touch screen when on stage. Redirect all that sequencing and midi and song mode energy to making the most badass looper/clip rec/sample mangler device out there. You can do it, I know you can. Until then, I’m out.

Comment

+1 for midi feedback.
                  It could be as simple as sending the same notes that trigger pads and sequences back to the controller, with a user definable velocity when a pad or sequence is playing.

Comment

Working...
                  X