• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xeamus
    replied
    I think so.

My suggestion is to have:

Left upper knob: move along the timeline which sequencer you want to edit (just like you do in the piano roll right now). You could have the names to the left highlighted with pink or just a square highlighted in pink, together with the little ”map” you should know what sequencer you work with. Plus if you have a preview button in the right corner it should be no problem.

Right upper knob: edit the lenght of the sequencer.

Left bottom knob: move up/down to select what sequencer you wanna work with (this also change the little ”map” in the left upper corner).

Right bottom knob: move sequencer that is selected left/right.

Within INFO button you can change Step Count (the songs length, should go to ”limitless”), but instead of making the grid smaller if you raise the limit, it stays the same so you have a good overview. And if it is not possible to scroll the screen to the right when the song progress (perhaps it looks laggy when it does), you could have different pages that changes when it hits the end. And it is possible to change what pages you work with with arrows above the grid: < number > like that. You could have a function that restart the song from the beginning of each page if you push stop once. If you push stop twice it restarts the whole song. To not start from the beginning of the page or song you can use the fingers outside the selected sequncer area to set where you want it to play and also set looping points perhaps.

The important thing is that you can only choose which sequence you work with with the knob so you dont accidentelly change sequencer when you wanted just to place a sequence. The same function should be i Sequencer mode PADS, because its, for me at least, so easy to place the different PADS wrong with your fingers.
    Last edited by xeamus; 08-12-2019, 12:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oHeFFeSS
    replied
    Originally posted by xeamus View Post
    Something like that. But how I see it, it should not be much more complicated than adding sequencers in the PADS view in Sequencer mode instead of PADS. Just make make it without the limit of how many you can insert so you can make a whole song and a way to change the grid size because of different lenght of sequencers. You can even keep the ”map” in the left corner so that you can see what sequencer you work with and use the knobs to go up and down to change what PAD you work with.
    I like that idea - makes the interface consistent.

Leave a comment:

• xeamus
    replied
    Something like that. But how I see it, it should not be much more complicated than adding sequencers in the PADS view in Sequencer mode instead of PADS. Just make it without the limit of how many you can insert so you can make a whole song and a way to change the grid size because of different lenght of sequencers. You can even keep the ”map” in the left corner so that you can see what sequencer you work with and use the knobs to go up and down to change what sequencer you work with.
    Last edited by xeamus; 08-11-2019, 07:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zapman
    replied
    I found song construction in iPolysix quite useful.
    But then again, thats full bars, arranging aligning arbitrary length, scrolling, zooming etc. will all make too complicated. It just doesn't seem suited for that task.

Leave a comment:

• xeamus
    commented on 's reply
    I hear you, but Im dont need it to be that graphical and advanced as in a daw, just have more control when the different sequencer starts and stops. As it is now I have no overview what is happening. For me at least it is very difficult to make a whole song when I dont know when a sequencer exactly start and stops. With a scrollfunction and zoomfunction over your sequencers I believe it could be possible without making it to advanced and ”lose” the simpleness of the Black Box.

With a good Song overview I think Black Box can appeal to people, like me, that are tired of only making loops and never finish a whole song especially on the go. I think it would be real cool to make a whole song sitting on a bus, train or in the park. The Black Box is perfect for that.

• Zapman
    replied
    In my opinion, the very small screen of the BB is not very useful for graphical editing like this. Thats my experience from the sequence edit screen. I'm more of a 'record live and redo if it doesn't fit' guy. For pushing around small rectangles on a screen I think a big computer screen is necessary or at least a bigger tablet.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    I too would also prefer a more graphical UI for Song Mode, similar to what you describe. The actual Section bars themselves could be timelines (like the seq cells), and touching one of them takes you to a sequencer window similar to PADS view?

Leave a comment:

• xeamus
    started a topic Song mode suggestion

Song mode suggestion

Hi!
    Is there perhaps a better way to make songs? I have an idea:

Instead of sections, which are in my opinion a bit difficult to work with, why not make a view where you can arrange your sequencers in a time line? For example: I want sequencer 1 played first then sequncer 1 with sequencer 2. Make 16 raws (sequencer 1-16) then arrange them in a time line. It that way it doesnt matter how long everey sequencer is. And make a ability to arrange by copy/cut/drag and drop/insert/erease the different sequencers. With help of the knobs you can easy move along the timeline and move the different sequencers. Perhaps if you double tap (or something) a sequencer you switch to Sequencer mode and jump directly in to that sequencers piano roll. You STILL can record sequencers the same way before as now if you want to in sequencer mode but have a better overview in Song mode.

Perhaps its not possible, only an idea. I just believe its possible to improve the Song mode.

Please comment you thoughts.

Last edited by xeamus; 08-10-2019, 08:49 PM.
Working...
X