Battery Box external in same measurements as blackbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Box external in same measurements as blackbox

It would be great if you made an external batterybox , in the same measurements as the 1010 blackbox to put UNDER the 1010blackbox.

Maybe even in an alternative bottom plate of the casing which replaces the current one?

Comment

If something like this was to be done, it should also include one or a pair of speakers on the front and, why not ? An FM receiver to have one more built-in sampling source. That would make a great « mobility base » for the Blackbox.

Comment

Originally posted by alexandros View Post
        a pair of speakers on the front and
        Please no! Everything in this size sounds just shitty. Rather add a Bluetooth transmitter or something like that. But great idea for the FM receiver!

Comment

One could put just a small speaker or a pair, like on the Op-1, I don’t think it would change the footprint/weight that much.

It would bring that instant gratification on the go and make easy to share your ideas with friends or co-producers, without having to bring cabling or speaker.

Comment

Something like this ... battery, TRS DIN conversion, low level line-in/instrument gain-amp ... all that screws firmly onto the base of the BB, with an on/off switch and some custom micro-length cable connections for USB power, midi and audio ...

forgot the 5v power in but you get the picture!

Internally it could be a BYOB (bring your own battery) compartment that can secure a range of powerbank shapes up to W cm, H cm, L cm, providing usb connection cable extenders to the external case.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BBBAT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.1 KB ID:	7029
            Last edited by mokomo; 09-02-2019, 12:53 AM.

Comment

• Zapman
              Zapman commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats great! The on/off switch abd the amp for the input is a phenomenal idea! Please, please 1010music, build that. Or someone other, wouldnt mind some diy.

• Zapman
              Zapman commented
              Editing a comment
              And add the +5V line to the midi out to power unpowered midi splitters ...

That’s getting really cool. I insist a tiny speaker on the front would be so useful.

Aaron told me back in the time where the BBwas still to be released that it was unlikely they do that kind of “dock” stuff. But maybe if the volume of sales is good or if they make other tabletop instruments in this format, the idea becomes more marketable. Let’s hope !

Comment

Cool idea. Sounds like a job for John Park.

Comment

Very cool idea! It's a shame that it's so ridiculously expensive to develop things like that.

Comment

I totally dig this idea. While not as cool as what's being described here, I did design a 3D printable stand that you can use to store a battery bank underneath: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3854032

Comment

Working...
                  X