Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenes

A big wish for me are scenes. I know there is a lot possible with the sequencer
    It gets hard with different clip length and switching different clips on the fly..
    Perhaps it could be implemented in Song Mode easier. Changing Sample by Scenes would be a dream.

I think thats the way I will use the Blackbkx in a live set. A playback machine getting hands free for playing Synth and Drums.
    Besides its really nice for one shots and longer Samples.

There is kind of a way to this with the current software (as of 1.2.2):
    • Go to Song, enable Song mode, enable Loop
    • Choose an existing or add new section
    • Select/arm the sequences you want for the 'scene'
    • Hit record and play
    • Right after the count in hit stop
    • The section will now contain this 'scene'
    • You can switch sections/scenes by selecting a different section (it will loop forever that section in loop mode)
    • You can set the quantisation of the switch action in the song parameters
    • I don't remember if the section length is automatically calculated, or you have to set manually to the longest sequence
    But a dedicated function to create a new section this way would be more intuitive (and was already requested by some)

Also, the layout of the song sections as a scrollable list is not very handy for working in a scene oriented way.
    Matrix Layout like Pads/sequences would be lot better and consistant, also to map to a controller to switch sections externally by midi in the same style as it's possible with pads/sequences today.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapman View Post
      There is kind of a way to this with the current software (as of 1.2.2):
      • Go to Song, enable Song mode, enable Loop
      • Choose an existing or add new section
      • Select/arm the sequences you want for the 'scene'
      • Hit record and play
      • Right after the count in hit stop
      • The section will now contain this 'scene'
      • You can switch sections/scenes by selecting a different section (it will loop forever that section in loop mode)
      • You can set the quantisation of the switch action in the song parameters
      • I don't remember if the section length is automatically calculated, or you have to set manually to the longest sequence
      But a dedicated function to create a new section this way would be more intuitive (and was already requested by some)

Also, the layout of the song sections as a scrollable list is not very handy for working in a scene oriented way.
      Matrix Layout like Pads/sequences would be lot better and consistant, also to map to a controller to switch sections externally by midi in the same style as it's possible with pads/sequences today.
      i would also agree a matrix layout for song sections would make more sense and the ability to trigger them with a controller as well would be great.

Comment

Matrix Layout of song page with each cell having a small grid where the used sequences are highlighted (like in the upper left corner of some screens).

That would very well represent what the scenes approach is all about.
        That would make section->seqs view somehow consistant to how seq->pads relates.
        I for myself don't need a fancy self named title on my sections, if that's the rationale behind the current layout.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes sure and also I would like something to remember what a sequence hold.

Comment

I would like to see a song mode that is similar to the SEQS view/PADS. A grid 1-16 where you can enter sequences instead of pads in a timeline. And it would be possible to change the timelines resolution depending how long your sequences are. Easy and consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by xeamus View Post
              I would like to see a song mode that is similar to the SEQS view/PADS. A grid 1-16 where you can enter sequences instead of pads in a timeline. And it would be possible to change the timelines resolution depending how long your sequences are. Easy and consistent.
              does it have to be just 16? any reason, operationally at least, why these grid-based views shouldn't be scrollable & contain more than 16 elements? I'd like there to be more sequences available, not just 16, & more sections is possible now, so a grid-based view of them (whether they are used as sections or scenes) would be needed.

Comment

Working...
              X