Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bounce-to-chain

To get more out of the 16 pad limitation:
    Load up to 16 pads with samples, hit the [bounce-to-chain] function: the BB saves a new single continuous sample of each of the 16 pads one after the other.
    Options can be (1) force equal spacing between samples,(2) trim leading and tail silence (with fade to silence at end) below a threshold from each sample, (3) normalise etc.(4) name chain (5) save folder destination

Result: a new sample that can be loaded, set as sliced, and then played slices 1 - 16
    Last edited by mokomo; 09-08-2019, 11:04 PM.

That sounds nice. But to be fair, I assume you can assign samples on the 16 pads and sequence the process of playing 1-16, and then use the internal recording function to create a new sample, with all of them playing in sequence. You can thus set up the levels of each one, etc. There might be a limitation, that you'd have to use 1-15 and then assign these to be recorded on pad 16, but I haven't checked how that works.

Comment

I think the ER-301 by Orthogonal Devices has a very nice solution for this. When loading samples, you can enable 'Multi-load' or something like that. When you multi-load samples, the 301 loads all selected samples as a sample chain, complete with slice marks at the intersection of each sample. Don't know how the 301 does it, I guess it's just rearranging file headers to make it one long sample or some such solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranormal Patroler View Post
        That sounds nice. But to be fair, I assume you can assign samples on the 16 pads and sequence the process of playing 1-16, and then use the internal recording function to create a new sample, with all of them playing in sequence. You can thus set up the levels of each one, etc. There might be a limitation, that you'd have to use 1-15 and then assign these to be recorded on pad 16, but I haven't checked how that works.
        yes, but that is one hell of an awkward process!

Josker that sounds like a nice way to implement it - though thinking about the current BB UI maybe my suggestion makes as much sense - essentially the 'create chain' function shows the conventional 16 pads grid to which you re-use standard file loading functions, and then hit the 'chain-it' button ... similar outcome at the end, and following BB UI elements that already exist.
        Not sure how nice a multi-sample select function like the 301 could work more nicely given the BB screen model.

Furthermore if other numbers of sample slots could be catered to, the BB would be a useful device to play chains into a TE PO/OP1/OPZ/elektron OT etc

Comment

Yeah, I think both methods have their strengths – I didn't think about it too much, to be honest It might not make sense in the Blackbox UI, but I think it is a clever approach!

Comment

In either case, I think it would be a most welcome feature. Even more so if there's an added option, after the fact, to do cuts/fades between the samples.

Comment

Working...
            X