No Quantize option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Quantize option

Got my blackbox yesterday and really love it. It gives me the flow to produce and stay creative. Really fast editing and sequencing.
    Last edited by kidbunka; 09-26-2019, 02:48 AM.

What do you mean with the title?

Comment

Disabling quantise, so you can record "loose" sequences (i guess)

Comment

Yes, Unquantised recording (especially on an arbitrary grid, not just shifted grid notes like the Digitakt or the Beatstep Pro) would be awesome.

After-the fact partial quantising would also be nice. Even better if it could be undone (like the Shakmat Four Bricks Rook).

There is some discussion of this topic with a lot of people keen over at https://www.elektronauts.com/t/1010m...kbox/86718/447

Comment

Also manual editing of microtiming would be nice

Comment

I did not buy blackbox because its sequencer, so I have no problem if its quantizing or not. I leave the piano roll editor out, working at a piano roll editor is too slow and I dont have that much patient.
            They could get really crazy and implement a Tracker Style Sequencer like Octamed. Sometimes I think some search what we have lost with the Amiga and C64 decades ago. Piano Roll is for Instrumentalist, I am just a Listener.

Comment

As someone that can play some keyboards and likes a bit of Dilla vibes, no quantise option would be a fantastic option.

Comment

Would be fantastic but a pipe dream for sure

Comment

You could do it on the Atari 1040ST 30 years ago.

Comment

It would be wonderful to disengage note recording quantization, or set it in intervals down to 1/128. And, if timing for existing notescould be nudged by 1/128 intervals as well, that could give users the ability to record and adjust notes to have a more natural feel.

Comment

Unquantized mode is something that the bb is really lacking! Please make it happen!!

Comment

Importing .midi files and losing the midi editing inside BB might be a possible alternative?

Comment

+1 Got my Blackbox last week and love the fast workflow on it - I think if you add a no quantise option, you'd capture a whole lot of Hiphop, Lo-fi and Modbap producers. The MPC Live is ok, but it slowly turns into a glorified Ableton controller, because Akai doesn't seem to listen to the "standalone" advocates. The SP404 is the weapon of choice for Lo-Fi and great for effects but the lack of time stretch is annoying for playing live. No quantise option would be killer!

Comment

I agree with all of this. I have rythmically complex song, and i bought the BB also because of his ability for polyrythm, but, in song mode, it's sometimes very difficult ti achieve what i want exactly because, even when i off my seqs or stop rec, the quantization goes to the next step and not exactly where i stopped.

Comment

Working...
                            X