Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incoming program changes accompanied with bank select messages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming program changes accompanied with bank select messages.

I really like the fact that BB uses program changes to select presets stored in SD card.
    I have not yet saved more than 128 presets but i will surely go past that number very easily. I like to setup kits with drum sounds or mixed kits or even melodic kits and save presets for them. I suppose only 128 presets can be selected with program changes or am I missing something?
    I think it would be very nice to also have bank select messages that will give us access to more than 128 presets. BB can easily compete with machines like the new ROLAND MCs(707 & 101) that host thousands of presets, if bank select is implemented.
    Amazing little box, so many possibilities inside there!!

So Aaron, after the fabulous update and the multi instruments that you offered us I easily went above 128 presets in my card. Now this request is even more relative. please give us the option to select more than 128 presets in our sd cards. This help a lot in the management of the presets. At least for people that use external sequencing of BB. We have huge disk space available but we can't make full use of it if we are obliged to switch sd cards to access more 128 via midi.

Comment

Kraftf, as you noted, to get beyond 128 presets we need to track the bank selection from MIDI. We have to think about how that impacts the UI. I will add the request to the list and see what we can come up with.

Comment

Thx a lot Christine for considering this request.
        In my point of view t think the UI would remain unchanged. The only difference is the inclusion of the MSB or LSB message that would dictate the the bank of presets. LSB=0 Presets 1-128, LSB=1 Presets 129-256 etc.
        That way we can handle 16384 presets!
        If this creates memory problems then you can narrow it down to 8 or 16 banks for example which would be acceptable.
        The 128 limit is very low and is acceptable only for synths like the microkorg which can be easily reprogrammed with sysex, but not for blackbox which is an all around tool that comes handy for many uses.
        Thx anyway!

Comment

In this regard, it would also be nice to have some way to trigger different song sections via midi ...

Comment

Originally posted by Zapman View Post
            In this regard, it would also be nice to have some way to trigger different song sections via midi ...
            Yes I think it makes sense. Since we have the ability to trigger sequences from midi there are a lot of unusable midi notes in the midi pads channel to be used to trigger song sections too. I agree.

Comment

Working...
            X