Solution to my Groundhog Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution to my Groundhog Day.

Hi blackbox team. Thank you again for a Stella update.

I'm sure I'm not alone, but while recording a new sample, trying to get a good take, typically takes me multiple attempts. In my case, sometimes 30-50 takes. It's killing me going in after each time and removing the unwanted takes on the SD either one by one or finding a computer.

Can we please have a better solution? I'm finding this part of the process tedious. There's no need to store dud takes on the SD. Appreciate if peeps do, wish I could turn it off.

Maybe a simple undo button?

Comment

I think EVERY new recording sample should just be stored in a "cache" folder till the unit is power cycled where the cache is deleted. Because additionally, it's annoying cycling through loads of dud takes looking for samples.

In my mind, the most simple solution is this --
      Saving a preset should just save the newly recorded sample that's assigned to the pad for keepers. Remove the rest of the cache.

Comment

I actually love that samples are stored without having to do anything at all, and I wish more samplers worked like this. Cleaning up is easy on a computer.

Comment

Muied Lumens How do you clean up when you don't know which samples belong to which project when using a computer?

Comment

I too love that the samples are saved automatically but...... it is very cumbersome when I too have 20 takes while experimenting etc to delete all of them. I love the cache idea to solve this. For now Muied Lumens I clean up the card after every session. That way I can experiment as much as I want and not worry something got lost. Then I pop the card out and either consult a list I made of the keepers or get rid of anything not still in a cell. Until there's another solution, it's the best I've found. Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by peachnoise View Post
              Muied Lumens How do you clean up when you don't know which samples belong to which project when using a computer?
              Good question... I've not had mine for a week yet, but I assume you can rename samples in the BB?

Comment

You can go in and rename all your samples..

So in addition to my cache idea, for those that want to keep it the way it is, I suggest a tick box in tools : Keep samples after power cycle - that way you can keep filling your SD card up with takes.

Comment

Originally posted by peachnoise View Post
                  You can go in and rename all your samples..

So in addition to my cache idea, for those that want to keep it the way it is, I suggest a tick box in tools : Keep samples after power cycle - that way you can keep filling your SD card up with takes.
                  My point was, you can rename those samples you want to keep and delete the others, once you're in the computer. Sort by name and multi-select, and you're good to go. At least until your wish is granted.

Comment

Working...
                  X