Zero line in loop settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero line in loop settings

I’d like to see a thin zero line in the waveform when creating a loop.
    This way you can see when the waveform hits 0 and would make setting looppoints a lot easier.

A "snap to nearset zero crossing" option would be even better imo. I think that was already proposed in another thread though.

Comment

Snap to zero would be great, as well as a crossfade setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapman View Post
        Snap to zero would be great, as well as a crossfade setting.
        As long as its optional as sometimes a little click at the beginning is just what you need, zero crossing option always useful though but at the moment it makes no difference because of the 5ms fade that BB is always adding...grrrr

Comment

Originally posted by simon harris View Post

As long as its optional as sometimes a little click at the beginning is just what you need, zero crossing option always useful though but at the moment it makes no difference because of the 5ms fade that BB is always adding...grrrr
          The cross fading only happens in clip and slicer mode. Sample mode has no fading.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Revolutions View Post
            I’d like to see a thin zero line in the waveform when creating a loop.
            This way you can see when the waveform hits 0 and would make setting looppoints a lot easier.
            +1 this would be great

Comment

+1 for line at zero AND snapp to zero crossing.

Comment

Unfortunately looping at zero crossings doesn't guarantee you'll eliminate noise at the loop points since lower frequencies are effectively DC offsets, but since it tends to eliminate most of the noise, I'm all for it as long as snapping is optional.

Comment

• pieter3d
                  pieter3d commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If the signal is at a zero crossing at both the start and the end, they are by definition at the same level and there cannot be a DC offset, frequency content doesn't change that. The slope can be different of course.
              Working...
              X