Tolerate folder names with a '.' in the title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tolerate folder names with a '.' in the title

Hi - could you make it possible to recognise folders with a full stop in the title? e.g. a folder called 'mysamples vol.2' - Currently BB seems to interpret everything after the '.' as a file extension and can't look inside it...

Yep this one had me troubleshooting for a bit, lol.

Comment

This is actually the wrong place because this is a bug, not a nice-to-have.

Comment

Isn't it normal for a computer to treat everything after a dot as a file extension? Similarly, I've always been taught not to use other special characters, such as space, in folder/file names either.

Comment

Just now discovering that my samples from mars collection has sub-folders upon sub-folders upon sub-folders, most with dots in the names. Usually something like 01. Hits 02. Kits etc. This is going to get tedious.

Comment

1.4.0 Bug fixes: The file system could not handle directories with a period in the name

Thanks 1010!

Comment

Originally posted by rookok View Post
              Just now discovering that my samples from mars collection has sub-folders upon sub-folders upon sub-folders, most with dots in the names. Usually something like 01. Hits 02. Kits etc. This is going to get tedious.
              Hi everyone,

I just renamed a bunch of folders to make the samples in them readable for the bb and thought that the solution could spare some of you time tackling similar problems (I also downloaded samples from mars). I am using Windows 10 and used a small tool named “Bulk Rename Utility” (it is free for personal, non-commercial use, just google it). In the section “Replace (3)” enter “.” in the field “Replace” and enter a blank space in the field “With”. In the section “Filters” tick “folders” and “subfolders”. After the software has completed the scan of all subdirectories, select them all and start renaming. Has worked fast and well for me.

Comment

Working...
              X