Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which firmware update for new owners of blackbox

Hello Everyone,
    I would like to know which firmware should I upload, as I'm receiving my Blackbox tomorrow I will need to update it or not, but which firmware would be a wise choice to have some new feature but also not encounter issue as the 1.3 seems to have a Caution Note that is not yet fully out of probable bugs or issues...

Also I presume the blackbox has a security, in case we power it with too much Amp or Voltage? I have 2.4A - 5V, is it alright ? and how do we turn it on ? thanks

Thank you guys for your help,
    Best to all of you !
    Fennel

As of today, if you are using it for home use, 1.3.3 is a good place to start. If you are relying on it for stage use, start with 1.3. We will be validating 1.3.3 this week.

Comment

Thank you Aaron for your quick answer, and about my other question, --> Also I presume the blackbox has a security, in case we power it with too much Amp or Voltage? I have 2.4A - 5V, is it alright ? and how do we turn it on ? thanks

Comment

How do we turn on or turn off the Blackbox ? just by removing the cable connected to the battery pack ? that's strange, please help me to understand if there is a way to turn on and turn off the black box, thank you this blackbox is just amazing by the way, incredible, 30 min and I did already fun stuff, I'm impressed how fast we can get with it, it's the dream machine coming to life thank you

Comment

I use 1.3.5 and no problems so far.

Blackbox was designed to be shutoff abruptly looking at how there is no power button.

I am curious about current protection. I ordered a battery bank that can push 3.4A and I would hope there is a good handshake indicating power limits. Should be ok but confirmation would be nice!

Comment

A device (here blackbox) only consumes that current that it needs. If it has not a fault, you can power it with a 100A Supply, as far as the voltage (5V=) is correct.

Comment

Yes, just remove the power cable. Aaron confirmed this elsewhere. Most synths/fx boxes work that way.

Comment

Originally posted by underwood View Post
                A device (here blackbox) only consumes that current that it needs. If it has not a fault, you can power it with a 100A Supply, as far as the voltage (5V=) is correct.
                Source on that?

Comment

Don't update

Comment

Originally posted by ten_four View Post

Source on that?
                    Electronic basics or do you have extra wall outlets for your 10W led night lamp and 1000W vacuum cleaner in your house? They run all on the same voltage and take the current they need.

Comment

Originally posted by BlkBx Beater View Post
                      Don't update
                      Why? I'm using 1.3.6 and didn't had any problems.

Comment

Just received the Blackbox.
                        How can I see what firmware is on it and if I have to update?

Comment

Power on the Blackbox. Look at the lower right corner of the touchscreen. The currently installed firmware version will show in white text.

Comment

So far there is nothing from 1.3.6 that I miss in 1.4.
                            Admittedly I’m only a few weeks in and have only scratched the surface.

Comment

No quantization, tap tempo, more fx, and sample edit tools like normalize and cut..that's all it needs to do. Also include midi cc list it would be great. I love to stop play record from my Novation laucla key mini mkll ... That a game changer.

Comment

Working...
                              X