Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When using outputs 1,2 or 3, remove the sound from the main headphone out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When using outputs 1,2 or 3, remove the sound from the main headphone out?

I'm not sure if this has been covered before. I always consider the headphone out as the 'main' output of the blackbox. Due to this thinking, I feel that if sounds are routed to outputs 1,2 and 3 they should be removed from the headphone out.

Any thoghts?
    Latest releases by My Blue Extremes.
    listen on all streaming platforms.

Bandcamp
    https://myblueextremes.bandcamp.com/album/the-winter-ghost

Streaming
    https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/my...AItZJ5KNfs9wf8

I agree 100%. I had assumed it would be that way and was kind of dumbfounded when I learned it wasn’t.

Comment

Agreed. This is a critical issue preventing this amazing little box from achieving it's full potential. I picked it up to work with CV and was shocked to discover there is no way to stop CV signals from being output the main out (phones). Routing everything out the three other outputs works, but you lose the effects. An option to use a pad in "CV mode," which would mute it from the phones output, would be godsend. Please tell me there is a secret to making this happen with the current firmware (1.7.F).

Comment

Adding this woud be THE simpler way to get a 4th stereo output as mentioned earlier here - https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...single-outputs

Comment

sorry to be contrarian, but I like the headphone out with the full mix.
          I don't always use the blackbox with a mixer.
          sometimes it's just me and headphones.
          Last edited by shankiphonic; 04-23-2021, 11:33 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• LanceRidler
            LanceRidler commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the full mix in the headphone out too. It does demonstrate how kit becomes different things for different people. I like that I can line up a sample in the headphones without having to hear it through the speakers then once it’s recorded the clip starts to play in the main mix

• emji_herara
            emji_herara commented
            Editing a comment
            If I understand correctly that would be still possible with this option?? If you have only your headphones connected you hear the full mix. If you use the individiual outputs you are almost certainly using a mixer and those will be removed from the hp output.

This would be very useful when using the non main outs for external effects resampling

Comment

Agreed wholeheartedly. My BB is central control for my Eurorack rig, sending clock and MIDI into my FH-2 for distribution. To be able to send CV only to certain outs would most definitely solidify that role. +1 to Anjingila's idea of adding a CV mode for individual pads.

Comment

+1 I would also very much appreciate this feature.

Comment

I like this but more as a 4th out that is set to full-mix by default but you can chose what you want and still with the level control. Maybe add level control for the other outs too?

Comment

Originally posted by rca999 View Post
                  I like this but more as a 4th out that is set to full-mix by default but you can chose what you want and still with the level control. Maybe add level control for the other outs too?
                  Some routing options would solve this. So if you're using outputs 1,2 and 3, you get the option to remove those pads from the HP mix. Or even just having the option to choose to use the HP out as is or as a 4th output in the same way 1,2 and 3 are selectable.

Bandcamp

Streaming

Comment

Yes I would like an option to set headphone output to a separate output in the headphone settings in tools, then users could choose which option they wanted and can select that option when they want it.

Comment

+1 I really need that too. Also would be great if somehow the effects could be in the output of the pad. So if there’s a reverb on a pad and I route that pass to OUT 3 the reverb should also play in OUT 3

Comment

I have requested individual FX routing many times here but to no avail. I also agree that using the headphones as a separate output for individual pads, ergo having 4 separate outputs, makes great sense for a 4x4 grid sampler. Let's see if this ever gets heard by 1010

Comment

Was thinking about this again today. Someone else suggested a global mixer for outputs 1,2 and 3. A combination of these is (IMO) much needed.

Bandcamp

Streaming

Comment

as i'm concerned i really don"t like the send fx. how can one mix stems with the wet part of them in another stem : i use the OUT 2 AND 3 as mono (using mono pad only, cpu wise), so i've got a 4 tracks stem + stéréo verb.delay return : if i want to make, in my editing daw, a track disapear, ok i can (thanks to mutltitracking) but, let's hope i did not wet it in fx... BUMMER... and anyway if i want to mix theses stems, half of the sound is in one track and the other half is in send, blend with other : this is not i an easy way for me to mix stems/tracks. and even in a live situation, if i mute some output in the mixer, there is always a bleed in 1... i could (and will, as a matter of fact) end using the delay/verb, but you know, they ARE DAMN GOOD, and i like them ! a little verb is always great in a sampling unit...it's part of "shaping a sample"

i would like the 1/2/3 + HP that could be considered as a 8 tracks machine (or 4 stereo). AND effect to be within the same track as the pad....
                            (of course in theses mono track no panning effect possible, nor ping pong delay).

of course i understand that some users uses the HP as it it, so it should be optionnal, as well.

PS in arturia drumbrute if one use one or several of the dedicated / separate output, thoses disepears from the mix output : very smart : if you got only 4 tracks left in the mixer, you can choose 3 most important sound to separate + 1 for the rest of the mix etc etc
                            Last edited by dertranb; 10-20-2021, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X