Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When using outputs 1,2 or 3, remove the sound from the main headphone out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Pimiento
    replied
    Originally posted by Painting Silence View Post
    You got it.. a second black box. Now I can use fx and also transition in between patterns.. keeping them up to date ofcourse takes an occasional SD copy but I have one as the master box and one as slave so keep things tidy a bit with the patterns only to be edited on the master as card
    I've actually been thinking of getting a 2nd BB to use for a live set. As you say, use them to alternate between tunes and patterns. It's definitely looking like the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Painting Silence
    replied
    You got it.. a second black box. Now I can use fx and also transition in between patterns.. keeping them up to date ofcourse takes an occasional SD copy but I have one as the master box and one as slave so keep things tidy a bit with the patterns only to be edited on the master as card

Leave a comment:

• Jack Pimiento
    replied
    Originally posted by Painting Silence View Post
    Hey hey, I hear you! It would indeed make the BlackBox much more flexible.. but hey, I found a perfect although costly solution to the problem of fx routing.. It is a 600€ solution but it's working like a charm for me.. can you guess what it is?

regards!
    A second Black Box?
    Blue Box?
    Last edited by Jack Pimiento; 11-12-2021, 06:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Painting Silence
    replied
    Hey hey, I hear you! It would indeed make the BlackBox much more flexible.. but hey, I found a perfect although costly solution to the problem of fx routing.. It is a 600€ solution but it's working like a charm for me.. can you guess what it is?

regards!

Leave a comment:

• Jack Pimiento
    replied
    Again, this issue is causing me problems. I've got a nice mix of everything set up on the headphone out. I want to send a clock pulse sample to the DFAM so I can control when the step advances using sequence rather than the clock out of the BB. I send it out of output 2 and of course, it's still coming out of the headphone out. I find outputs 1,2 and 3 way to hot for regular signals which is why I use the HP out (plus there's a master level for it). I guess I'm going to have to use output one (so FX are included) and rebalance everything which seems a waste of an output when it's probably not necessary.

Again, I'd really like to be able to remove a signal from the HP out when using 1,2 or 3 as the output.

It seems clear there are a couple of different schools of thought on this but utilising some routing options on the HP out seems to something a lot of people are interested in.

Leave a comment:

• BBisfun
    replied
    Yes! Output and FX routing would make this box so much more flexible.

Leave a comment:

• Unacknowledged
    replied
    +1 to route each output individually and to apply fx individually

Leave a comment:

• Felipe Denegro
    replied
    +1 it’ll be great to route each output individually, I think the BlueBox does something like that.

Leave a comment:

• dertranb
    replied
    as i'm concerned i really don"t like the send fx. how can one mix stems with the wet part of them in another stem : i use the OUT 2 AND 3 as mono (using mono pad only, cpu wise), so i've got a 4 tracks stem + stéréo verb.delay return : if i want to make, in my editing daw, a track disapear, ok i can (thanks to mutltitracking) but, let's hope i did not wet it in fx... BUMMER... and anyway if i want to mix theses stems, half of the sound is in one track and the other half is in send, blend with other : this is not i an easy way for me to mix stems/tracks. and even in a live situation, if i mute some output in the mixer, there is always a bleed in 1... i could (and will, as a matter of fact) end using the delay/verb, but you know, they ARE DAMN GOOD, and i like them ! a little verb is always great in a sampling unit...it's part of "shaping a sample"

i would like the 1/2/3 + HP that could be considered as a 8 tracks machine (or 4 stereo). AND effect to be within the same track as the pad....
    (of course in theses mono track no panning effect possible, nor ping pong delay).

of course i understand that some users uses the HP as it it, so it should be optionnal, as well.

PS in arturia drumbrute if one use one or several of the dedicated / separate output, thoses disepears from the mix output : very smart : if you got only 4 tracks left in the mixer, you can choose 3 most important sound to separate + 1 for the rest of the mix etc etc
    Last edited by dertranb; 10-20-2021, 08:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Pimiento
    replied
    Was thinking about this again today. Someone else suggested a global mixer for outputs 1,2 and 3. A combination of these is (IMO) much needed.

Leave a comment:

• Painting Silence
    replied
    I have requested individual FX routing many times here but to no avail. I also agree that using the headphones as a separate output for individual pads, ergo having 4 separate outputs, makes great sense for a 4x4 grid sampler. Let's see if this ever gets heard by 1010

Leave a comment:

• denizgarout
    replied
    +1 I really need that too. Also would be great if somehow the effects could be in the output of the pad. So if there’s a reverb on a pad and I route that pass to OUT 3 the reverb should also play in OUT 3

Leave a comment:

• DavidM
    replied
    Yes I would like an option to set headphone output to a separate output in the headphone settings in tools, then users could choose which option they wanted and can select that option when they want it.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Pimiento
    replied
    Originally posted by rca999 View Post
    I like this but more as a 4th out that is set to full-mix by default but you can chose what you want and still with the level control. Maybe add level control for the other outs too?
    Some routing options would solve this. So if you're using outputs 1,2 and 3, you get the option to remove those pads from the HP mix. Or even just having the option to choose to use the HP out as is or as a 4th output in the same way 1,2 and 3 are selectable.

Leave a comment:

• rca999
    replied
    I like this but more as a 4th out that is set to full-mix by default but you can chose what you want and still with the level control. Maybe add level control for the other outs too?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X