Introducing: Bluebox Compact Digital Mixer/Recorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t wait.
    going to buy this purely on the fact the Blackbox is my favourite piece of studio kit and assuming same designers and workflow then I’m sold.

Comment

Juno just has it listed as forthcoming, can't see a pre-order link.

Comment

• LukeDix
        LukeDix commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep New Year’s Eve... think Thomann are taking orders now and deliver to uk claiming early December
        Last edited by LukeDix; 10-23-2020, 12:39 PM.

Placed my order for the Bluebox @ Thomann earlier today !

I can't wait to be able to hack AT&T's phone network and call everywhere for free

I'm sure 1010music has hidden the feature somewhere in the firmware

Comment

• JohnPark
        JohnPark commented
        Editing a comment
        Heh, yeah, I really hope there's a 2600Hz tone generator easter egg.

little feature request? Sidechain ducking function? That would be a huge game changer

Comment

• jayneural
        jayneural commented
        Editing a comment
        That would bring the setup to another level for sure.

hoping class compliant usb is on the future feature list. i'd get one immediatly. maybe two.

Comment

• jose.gs.araujo
        jose.gs.araujo commented
        Editing a comment
        specifically accepting class compliant audio interfaces as inputs

• Aaron
        Aaron commented
        Editing a comment
        In version 1.0, bluebox will support class compliant MIDI controllers--but not audio I am afraid.

Hi, I am just wondering if the reverb/delay/mst compressor engine is the same in bluebox as in blackbox...? or maybe more tweakable fx parameters, eventualy synced delay....?thanx!

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        The delay is the same as our other samplers. Beat-sync exists now in the delay on our samplers. You can switch between beat-synced and %. However, the reverb is pretty special and was created FOR the bluebox. It has a lot of interesting parameters to play with. Every parameter (delay & reverb) is exposed to MIDI CC control. I can promise you will love the reverb.

Does it have the ability to export its recordings into a stems pack with the tracks and files as waves?

Comment

• jayneural
        jayneural commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are talking about the Bluebox, well I think it’s the main objective of the product actually.
        If you were talking about the Blackbox, well we all hope this is going to come.

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        The bluebox creates wav files for every track recorded. A project in the bluebox will, by definition, contain audio files (stems) for every recorded track + Master. Mono tracks produce a Mono wav. Stereo tracks produce stereo, etc. Simply insert the microSD into your computer and you will have all of your takes, named accordingly!

• robertdryer
        robertdryer commented
        Editing a comment
        jayneural yes that would be nice if we could get it for the black box.
        Last edited by robertdryer; 11-18-2020, 04:48 PM.

Ok Steve confirmed it has wav files for taking from the SD card, which is very nice. So the next question: is there any compatibility between this unit and the blackbox? for example, will there be a way to import a "song" from the blackbox, or any of the sequence and song files from the BB, into the bluebox rather than recording them? Since the blackbox doesn't have stems, if it was compatible in a way that one could take sequences and songs via SD card to another machine like the bluebox would be a cool alternative. Anything like this available through the bluebox (unique compatibility file sharing with BB)?
      Last edited by robertdryer; 11-18-2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        You will want the bluebox - trust me. the reverb is special and was created just for this box. I hear that you want to make stems FROM the blackbox. That is the purpose of the bluebox - to mix and capture your work. When you get yours you will see how easy it is to bring ALL of your gear together. You won't want the blackbox to make stems.

• jayneural
        jayneural commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Steve, the Bluebox is supposed to ship to me from Thomann on Dec 18. I already imagine the ideal workflow of making my little recipes of setups (Blackbox, MC-101, TR, boutiques, NTS-1, Microfreak, iPad as sources) and making quick tracks, that’s going to be very fun. The insight on the reverb is exciting, I hope the compressor is or will become as special

Still would love to be able to export stems from the SONG screen of my Blackbox though. Especially when taking only it out with me. One example workflow is I assist a friend in making the custom soundtrack of YouTube content during the very moment he is making the editing with me aside. I’d love to be able to share him the stems right of the sdcard with just the Blackbox.

• robertdryer
        robertdryer commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the heads up Steve! Now I’m intrigued.

And I’m with Jay, the exporting stems from the song and sequence mode is much more than just for the sake of having a file. So never going to stop wanting that. But doesn’t mean the bluebox isn’t worth having in its own right and certainly a little more sold now.

Any update on predicted UK shipping date? I am so excited for this, I want one now

Comment

• jayneural
        jayneural commented
        Editing a comment
        Thomann updated my order estimating shipment from them on Dec 18th (ordered a few weeks ago).

I just pre-ordered mine. A suggestion for the developers.....some kind of tape recorder function like the op1 would be great. Ability to set overdub areas , Splice, lift and drop sections would be just great . essentially the ability to arrange a song all within the bluebox

Comment

• jayneural
        jayneural commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes some arrangement features even if basic would be key for this part of the workflow. This is what any mixer with sdcard recorder lacks and the Bluebox has enough screen real estate to solve this.

It’s also important to be able to do at least some basic mastering. I see the compressor and EQ are already there so hopefully that will help.

Also got it on back order and eager to receive it.
    Working...
    X