Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowspotsound If I reformulate, you mean you'd like to assign a physical input routing virtually in the settings rather than physically on the cabling ?

Comment

• lowspotsound
      lowspotsound commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, exactly!

• jayneural
      jayneural commented
      Editing a comment
      Would definitely make sense indeed and would avoid recabling in some workflows / setups.

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      This exists in 1.0

Found a bug that has not yet been addressed in firmware updates.

I was having an issue with the compressor on firmware 1.0.2, so I just dropped 1.0.6 and am still seeing a bug with the compressor. For my purposes I have the Compressor set to off, yet it loads in an on state, even though the display still says "off". I’ve currently got numerous projects with the wet/dry mix set to 0% and compressor off but when I load a project, the gain-staging sounds wrong compared to where I left it. If I head down to the dry/wet knob and turn it up a little and then go back to 0% it resets to no compression. But this is with the Compressor in off mode, so the wet/dry shouldn’t matter regardless but it seems to be active no matter what.

Comment

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      I sent you an email....this will be fixed in the upcoming update. thanks!

• idylmind
      idylmind commented
      Editing a comment
      Great! As a temp fix, I've edited each .xml project file, setting every globcomp="0"

Having spent over 20 hours on my Blue Box setting up a Stem playback/live mix show, I've found a couple bugs and have a few feature requests.

Blue Box Bugs

Tracks sometimes remember audio file even after being removed (temp fix for this is creating a short blank audio full to ensure it replaces the previous file and then removing the "null" file)

Extreme EQ LPF default state 80Hz (see below)...maybe not a bug per se

Feature Requests / Changes

Delay and Reverb FX returns send to CUE (aka send FX to custom mix) / Delay and Reverb don't show up in CUE mix

EQ start in bypass / ability to bypass (perhaps button B) would allow for performance type moves, like a preset LPF you can engage with the push of a button.
    Selecting eq band type shouldn’t be active, as you scroll through eq band types, it's active causing filtering to happen, making "live eq" a problem.
    An easy fix might be to tweak the default LPF and HPF frequencies. Right now "H Cut" starts at 80Hz, which is pretty extreme when you're cycling through to select your preferred band type.
    Perhaps change the default state of the LPF to 10K and HPF could maybe start at 20Hz?

Add playback jog position, maybe using a knob to increase or decrease playback position on the quarter note. Or one knob for quarter and the other for one bar.

Dual mono sends on output 2. Right now I have a ZOIA in an FX loop but I only need a mono send into it. I would like to use Left to send to ZOIA and Right to send to an OP-1 input. If output 2 could be split into mono with 2 different send levels, it would allow for 2 FX loops without having to lose your CUE output.

Add ability to copy / delete projects

Add ability to copy and paste track level/sends settings

Comment

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      please report bugs to the support thread - feature requests to the wish list thread.

• idylmind
      idylmind commented
      Editing a comment
      Done and done. CHEERS

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. These are good feature requests. I want to be sure we can find them when we are looking.

what a charming piece of gear! nice color, nice layout, awesome size! this is perfect for what i need in a small space.

is the idea to grow capability from here? will we see more dsp processes? would the cpu support dynamics per channel? maybe class compliant audio?

man i look at this thing and i feel like im in the future.
    Last edited by Solipsvs; 01-16-2021, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Receiving mine on Monday.

I would say if I take the track record from what happened with the Blackbox, there should be quite some features and improvements added to the product via firmware.

The CPU is supposed to be a newer generation and hence more powerful than the one in the Blackbox so I suppose there is headroom for some interesting things.

Of course if I decided to buy it it’s because I already find good use of the current feature set.

But what I’m thinking personally for the improvements are :

- ability to have 16 tracks in the project (even if we can only record 12 at the same time)

- a bit of editing abilities for the recorded arrangement

- compressor/limiter per channel would have been good for some sidechaining effect

- more mixer type fx would help too : denoiser, deesser, widener, distortion, cabinet, exciter...

- some mastering tools in addition to the existing master compression.

All that would make this the box that finishes and polishes your track without even going on the DAW.

I already have these in mind before even receiving it, imagine what it will be when I get it ! get ready 1010music

Comment

Hi I think the Blue box is a great looking peace of gear.
        Will there ever be a possibility for live looping?
        If this will be implemented the bluebox could compete with the Aeros looper.

If there are no features like that implemented can the bluebox set to a loop and will it loop seamlessly like a daw would?

My OP1 is looking for a partner for a live looping performance.

Are there release notes or a roadmap available?

Cheers

Tim

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome!

You can find the release notes in the firmware thread for each product. We do not publish a road map. However, we do read every post and welcome your requests on the appropriate wish list threads. Each product has one.

What I can say about the bluebox - we are still looking at the various requests, options, our personal wishes, and deciding on the next steps. We are not finished with this box. I would urge you to look through the wish list thread and comment (upvote) the ones you like rather than starting a new thread. It makes it easier for us to find those requests when the time comes to decide where to go next.

Is it possibly for the midi out to have thru functionality ? I want to connect a midi keyboard to bluebox midi in and send that note info to the blackbox in addition to the midi clock.

Comment

Working...
        X