• Show
Clear All

• Introducing: Bluebox Compact Digital Mixer/Recorder

Click image for larger version

Name:	PNG image-A9E8CB521A4B-1.png
Views:	600
Size:	907.6 KB
ID:	18130
    Bluebox is the portable digital audio mixer that integrates your electronic music gear. Connect your eurorack, sampler, drum machine and synthesizer outputs to 6 stereo, 3.5 mm TRS inputs and map them to 12 mono tracks or 6 stereo tracks – all with independent control for recording and playback. It’s that keyboard mixer with live performance features that you always hoped someone would make.

Available December 2020!

https://1010music.com/product/bluebox

I always hoped someone would make something like this.

Just spotted the midi ports on the front. Can it be a midi clock master/slave?
    Last edited by lozzie; 10-13-2020, 09:42 AM.

Comment

MIDI sync is available now. MIDI CC implementation is coming.

Comment

Hey 1010music! I'm super excited to order up my Bluebox. It's the mixer I've been waiting for! Just to clarify, I can use a 3.5mm TRS Male to Dual 1/4-inch TRS Female on the inputs and then a 3.5 to 1/4 on the outputs?

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely!

is there any change to implement multi-take loop recording ? meaning having the existing tracks looping from A to B and meanwhile recording multiple sessions of any other tracks ?
        that would be really cool.

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          We have not yet implemented that feature. Can't say 100% that we will though we are still refining some of the features and we DO listen to our users!!

Can the output channels be used as effect sends for outboard gear, using inputs as returns?

Thanks. And congratulations on the product announcement!

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, you can send via any output and return to any input. We did that in our videos.

Thank you!

I'd like to know the real significant specifications of this machine.
        Headroom,noise floor,ad-da latency(important if used as a sub mixer in congiunction with a bigger mixer).
        I dont care about the weight and this kind of stuff in the specifications.

Comment

• Aaron
          Aaron commented
          Editing a comment
          The latency is 2ms. We don't have the audio specs at this point. I can tell you the converters are 24-bit and running at 48kHz.

• sydilaxe
          sydilaxe commented
          Editing a comment
          These are the specs that I am waiting for as well. I am currently using analog mixing and to even consider replacing that with a digital mixer (albeit in a great form factor), I need to know that the mixing is transparent. Will I lose any low frequencies using one of these for example.

Hello. Congrats for this sweet little mixer. Are there any plans to be able to use the Bluebox as a soundcard and multitrack directly into the computer?

Comment

• Aaron
          Aaron commented
          Editing a comment
          We have no plans to turn the bluebox into an audio interface. There are already lots of great options available.

• pro424
          pro424 commented
          Editing a comment
          @Aaron That's unfortunate to hear! I currently use a Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK as my only mixer and interface and one of the main reasons I went that road is for the simplicity of just being able to plug my computer into my live rig and start recording, even in the studio. I understand that with recording on board the Bluebox the need to record to the computer decreases but for studio work I want to be able to record straight to the computer rather than transfer files etc. For me at least I would love to see both - recording in the box live and for single take multitrack recordings where not a lot of small retakes aren't needed, and as an interface fo more elaborate recordings. Unless of course the recording capabilities of the Bluebox are expanded to function as a scaled down DAW with a linear timeline (and Ableton live export?!). Then I would be completely fine with it!

• DoverBeach
          DoverBeach commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a dealbreaker for me.

very exciting!
        1. will the midi implementation allow for using the bluebox as a live looper with, say, a pedal controller? - this has been a long requested feature on the blackbox, which the bluebox could finally realize!
        2. will we be able to set sections within a song? sections would allow for an awesome live looping experience, similar to the zenaudio DAW. also sections might be a better way to implement a multi take tracking situation similar to what loopop suggested.
        3. will we be able to merge takes within a track? - that would be very useful in overdubbing and to overcome the track limit
        cheers

Comment

• Aaron
          Aaron commented
          Editing a comment
          Our first round of MIDI support will offer external control of the existing internal parameters, like gain, pan, FX send, etc. As for your other requests, they are not part of the initial release.

Hi. I'm looking forward to getting mine too.

Can I make a feature request? I would love to see some additional effects added, specifically built-in LFOs to modulate the panning (on mono tracks). level and even the reverb and delay parameters. In the same way you have modulation slots on Bitbox but with a few built in LFOs.

Any chance?

Comment

I am eagerly awaiting the audio specs. I avoid digital mixing as I find that the source material does not always translate well in the conversion process (such as analog effects). While the latency is low with this solution, I wonder if it will be fairly transparent.

Comment

• alemass
            alemass commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah.I do agree

• sydilaxe
            sydilaxe commented
            Editing a comment
            I would love to see a really high quality, no compromise analog mixer with a decent array of routing options in this form factor.

The USB device of the bluebox is class-compliant?
          Example, if a tr-6s is connected to USB in the bluebox, will we have the tracks separated?

Comment

• Aaron
            Aaron commented
            Editing a comment
            The USB device port is for hosting class compliant MIDI controllers. Bluebox doesn't support audio interfaces at this time.

• jayneural
            jayneural commented
            Editing a comment
            Having support for synth class compliant audio interfaces would be really cool, a bit like on the Roland MX1.

Elmonstro> notice that TR6S+8S aren't class compliant at the moment. Hopefully in a future firmware as they did bring the Class Compliant mode on their MC-101/707 recently on v1.6 firmware.

• underwood
            underwood commented
            Editing a comment
            Doesn't the Roland MX1 not only support their own ARIA-Devices?

Thanks. yes that would be cool and direct purchase for me

Comment

It looks like a very promising product, but I was initially put off by the lack of physical faders. However, If MIDI CC control over internal params is introduced, it should be straightforward (but at the expense of desk space) to use a 16n or a Novation Launch Control XL for tactile control, or even an iPad with touchosc to have a totally custom interface.

Following from this, a near-perfect iteration of the bluebox would have it also do double duty as an audio interface (via the usb B connector) and then the Novation Launch Control XL plugged into the usb A would seamlessly switch to controlling Ableton Live.

S
            Last edited by shakfu; 10-19-2020, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Steve
              Steve commented
              Editing a comment
              MIDI CC control over internal parameters will be in the bluebox when it ships! The LaunchControl XL is a GREAT controller for the bluebox.

• jayneural
              jayneural commented
              Editing a comment
              Audio/midi interface would definitely make this box a no brainer for any synth/drumbox oriented home studio. Even better if the host port could also take audio in.
              Probably not the easiest thing to implement though. So one should better not factor this expectation on the buying decision.

When will we be able to pre-order in the UK? Thanks

Comment

• Aaron
              Aaron commented
              Editing a comment
              In the UK, Juno is now taking preorders. Thanks for your interest.
          Working...
          X