This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluebox Manual now available

Please visit the bluebox support page to download.

Thanks for the manual.

Because of how the wav files are handled with xml and active/inactive takes, i'm wondering if there is a plan for having more transport functions besides start, stop and record?
    I'm not talking about a fancy looper but just the basic fast-forward/reverse and hopefully, the possibility to tag a point in the time line to start or resume recording from it.

For the layman that i am, it seems complicated to implement and manage multiple active/inactive takes for one track.

If it's intended for a future update, with the wav files composing a track called internally via xml, would we have to solo record the "multi-wavs track" onto the main mix track if we want to export a consolidated wav file? (I don't know if a flattening function could be made)

If it's not possible, will we at least be able to start a track recording from anywhere in the timeline of a project?

Comment

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      We are preparing to ship the bluebox. We expect to be focused on user reaction and input. We are looking at some of the features you describe. Stay tuned!

Great, i'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Any idea when a current version of the manual will be released? Version 1.0.5 is out of date now. I love that features have been added and improved and fixed but it's tough to know about those features or understand then when they're not in the manual.

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        That makes sense and would have been my recommendation. Admittedly, the bluebox needs some attention to its MIDI implementation to allow it to be inside the loop, rather than the end.

• jayneural
        jayneural commented
        Editing a comment
        When I say MIDI loop, it's not the right way to say it, I mean I have to disconnect the Bluebox physically from the MIDI chain or from the RK06 output to avoid freezes after a random number of minutes which can be <5m or >30.

I obviously don't create an actual MIDI loop with thru enabled here and there

So right now it's not possible to sync start/record with current (latest) firmware.

Tried with original cable and power supply, no change.

• sirshannon
        sirshannon commented
        Editing a comment
        jayneural
        FWIW, I ran my Bluebox via MIDI using RetroKits RK006 and sync record worked fine after I discovered that the TRS MIDI cable was almost but not quite completely plugged into the Bluebox. I wasn’t using MIDI for anything except sync and play/stop, that may be why it worked better for me.
    Working...
    X