MIDI Sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI Sync

Sorry if this is in the manual - I couldn't find mention of it - but is there any way to start recording from MIDI clock? For example, if you record a sequenced part on track 1 and then want to record another sequenced part on track 2, is there any way to make sure the recording starts in sync? Or is MIDI clock only for the delay effect at this time? Thanks

bluebox can sync to external clock and Play/Stop via MIDI. I believe you can hold the record button on the bluebox and have your external source send a MIDI play to begin recording in sync. Let us know how this works for you.

Comment

Hi, I have a similar problem.

I'm using an Arturia Keystep Pro as my MIDI controller. I have Keystep Pro MIDI out -> Bluebox MIDI in, and Keystep Pro MIDI in -> Bluebox MIDI out.

Keystep Pro is set to sending and receiving transporter info. When I press play on Keystep Pro, Bluebox start playing as well. But the Bluebox play button does NOT start the Keystep Pro sequence. I checked in the documentation, and looks like Bluebox MIDI out does not send MIDI transport info?

I believe you can hold the record button on the bluebox and have your external source send a MIDI play to begin recording in sync. Let us know how this works for you.
      When I hold the record button on the bluebox and press Play on Keystep Pro, bluebox does not start recording.

Comment

As I have stated in https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...t-play-command I can confirm holding the record button while pressing play button on the Keystep Pro will start (play) but not record.

But in my setup (Keystep Pro connected via USB to Device port) pressing record and play on the bluebox will start the sequencer on the Keystep pro. Which works fine as long as I do not have other gear connected to the Keystep pro which needs to be started via the Keystep. (E.g. Gear having its own sequencer, not "played" by the sequences on the Keystep).

Comment

I can confirm that holding the record button on the Bluebox and having external source send MIDI play does NOT begin recording in sync. I've tested this with multiple pieces of gear (Deluge, Akai Force).

Making Bluebox as the MIDI master works, but since the Bluebox seems quite limited on the MIDI front, my suggestion for how this might be better implemented is I'd like to see the ability to hit record (w/out play) to arm recording on the Bluebox, and then using another piece of MIDI gear as the master to initiate play/stop of recordigns.

Comment

Mine is still in the mail, so I can't test ... but I certainly believe you guys. Given Aaron's initial comment, this sounds like a bug, so hopefully will get fixed very soon

Comment

I can also confirm that holding the record button on the Bluebox and having Eurorack module Pamelas New Workout with PEPX1 expander sending Play Transport MIDI command will not start Recording while holding the recording button on the Bluebox.
              Last edited by callesjoenell; 01-29-2021, 02:45 AM.

Comment

I stand corrected. As of version 1.0.6 it is not possible to record while synchronizing to an external source.

Comment

Hi Aaron. Is there a plan to fix this?
                  thanks!

Comment

Please it is very important to correct this, an efficient workflow is impossible if you cannot synchronize in several recording takes from external midi

Comment

Thanks all for raising this issue. We have it on out list.

Comment

Thanks Aaron!

Comment

Recording while syncing is now fixed in version 1.0.9

Comment

Horrayyy!!! Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                            X