No announcement yet.

MIDI Controller Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hung onto a Novation Launch Control (the small one without faders) which is getting more use now than it did when I bought it. I'm pretty pleased to be able to set the buttons to latch or not and having available several templates is good for flexibility between smaller fully featured setups or bigger ones where I might just need easy access to a parameter or two.

Someone mentioned the Beatstep - one thing to consider is the response of the encoders. I ended up selling mine because not having an indicator of value became too frustrating. That might just be me though.

Comment

Thought I'd add two cents - I mapped a Korg Nanokontrol to volume, external out2 (knobs), mutes, solos and record arm, over 8 tracks.

The learn function on the Bluebox is amazing. Feels quicker and cleaner than on the Blackbox somehow, probably because it's relatively once-off setup and I'm not likely to be adding mapping on the fly like I might on Blackbox. The Nanokontrol isn't great because of all the reasons stated in this thread, but it it took seconds to map the controls and it's quite nice to have a combination of physical controls and on-screen controls.

Comment

The Midi Fighter Twister is great for that !

Comment

I’m using the faderfox MX12. Fantastic controller (as all faderfox) but not cheap. Extremely flexible routing (2 din midi channels and midi over usb, all routed between each other freely). Programmable straight from the device very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by bram2000 View Post
            I’m using the faderfox MX12. Fantastic controller (as all faderfox) but not cheap. Extremely flexible routing (2 din midi channels and midi over usb, all routed between each other freely). Programmable straight from the device very quickly.
            interested in this, although it is so much more expensive. I know the faderfox gear is quality though.
            Anyone got any experience of the icon platform M+ and whether it works with the bluebox?
            https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/icon-platform-m

I tried hooking up my xone 96 mixer, but the bluebox doesn’t seem to recognise the midi from it, sadly.

Comment

Here's an interesting one if you only need mutes/solos: empress zoia. Unfortunately no knobs/sliders, but there are other possibilities in triggering envelopes or lfos. The delay can get seriously glitchy when modulating the delay time.

As a side note, isn't width supposed to control the ping-pong spread? I seem to get full pingponginess no matter where it's set.

Edit: figured out it's for the filter width when engaged. I guess it's all pingpong, all the time.
              Last edited by RC Prime; 05-10-2021, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dc_Sux View Post
                interested in this, although it is so much more expensive. I know the faderfox gear is quality though.
                Anyone got any experience of the icon platform M+ and whether it works with the bluebox?
                https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/icon-platform-m
                I didn't pay full price for the MX12, I managed to hunt one down on ebay or reverb (can't remember) using saved searches. It's the main controller for my live set and I love its flexibility.

Comment

Those of you who use midi fighter twister, how do you use/program the twister to control the Bluebox? Sorry if ot!

Comment

Novation Launchpad Pro Mk3 works great with the bluebox. I've created custom control pages for volume, sends, filter sweeps, etc.

Comment

I used a Kenton Killamix mini and its a nice companion to the BB ;-)

9 Pages (each on its own MIDI CH) with 9 knobs and 9 push buttons

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lfFFe1rWg1Z2Be8Pkjc3Eest4q1ulAoz/view?usp=sharing
                      Last edited by Keymanpal; 06-16-2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Steve
                        Steve commented
                        Editing a comment
                        that link is private

Steve Sorry... I just corrected that link; I just wanted to attached that photo (new around here, more used to Discourse I guess)

Comment

• Steve
                        Steve commented
                        Editing a comment
                        no worries. Thanks for sharing. I like all the Kenton gear!

Originally posted by Yokiiim View Post
                      The Midi Fighter Twister is great for that !
                      Absolutely brilliant mine [Midi Fighter Twister] came today proper plug & play, MIDI learn works just great.

Comment

I'm also waiting for Behringer BCR32 - this will be quite interesting option.

Comment

Working...
                        X