No announcement yet.

MIDI Controller Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m borrowing a Launchcontrol for a few days, and I’m trying to use the buttons at the bottom for mute and solo, but they don’t stick, they just work while holding down the buttons. Any ideas how to make them stick?

Comment

Originally posted by Doomservice View Post
      I’m borrowing a Launchcontrol for a few days, and I’m trying to use the buttons at the bottom for mute and solo, but they don’t stick, they just work while holding down the buttons. Any ideas how to make them stick?
      https://resource.novationmusic.com/s...Launch+Control

Comment

Thanks! Gotta say the Launchcontrol XL is a very good companion to the Bluebox. If only there was a version that was just a bit smaller with 4 knobs for sends it would be supermegaultra awesome.

Comment

I'm still waiting for BCR32 - this will be very nice option for (not only) BB. https://mixmag.net/read/behringer-bcr32-sequencer-tech

Comment

Originally posted by jpablo91 View Post
            the best controller I've used is the Faderfox UC4, check it out, you can configure the controller without the need to connect it to a computer ad it has several types of control including: a crossfader, 8 faders, 8 knobs with push button, and 8 buttons.
            Its more expensive han the ones you listed, but in my opinion is totally worth it.
            I'm considering a UC4 for my new Bluebox. Is there any bidirectional communication? In other words, on startup does the Bluebox send its values to the UC4, or do you just zero everything out to start with each session?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi everyone, just wanted to share in case anyone is interested - I just got a Bastl Instruments 60 Knobs and it works really well with the Bluebox. It's not the tiniest of midi controllers, but not massive (about the size of the Blue and Blackboxes side by side), and I find it way better than the Korg Nanokontrol I was using. More options, more responsive - I hate the faders on that Nanokontrol, and I do a lot of live mixing and fx sending in my sets.

I also modified it slightly, swapped out the 5 pin midi connectors for stereo minijacks, which A. makes the thing just a little thinner, and B. connects to Bluebox with a standard 3.5mm stereo audio cable. It also passes midi from Blackbox straight through, so it's sync'ed with the external clock.

I've got it set up to control volume, pan, fx1, fx2, out2 and out3 for 9 tracks and the the last row controlling delay and reverb parameters. I haven't put it through paces yet, but so far I'm impressed. And it only took about 3 hours to solder all the parts together.

Comment

i would love to use my x-touch mini from behringer, but it seems, that there is no soft takeover working. so every channel i want to adjust, is starting at zero db volume instead of the value, i left it.
                i don't know at the moment, if this is a behringer issues or if the bluebox does not support it.

input appreciated

i wonder, if my mpc one could be connected to the bluebox (via my usb-midi-box like esi m4u ex) - like on project level. need to think this through...

Comment

Working...
                X