Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spktkpkt
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Steve, this reassure me. It seem to work well if the LEDs are on half power/dimmed.

• Steve
    replied
    You should not have to worry about damage though you might see some erratic behavior from the bluebox if it does not have adequate power.

Leave a comment:

• spktkpkt
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post
    both devices provide a maximum of 500mA to the Device port. You will need to reduce LED brightness at the very least. I don't own an MFT so others can speak to the specifics.
    Thank you. Do i have to worry about damaging the Boxes if the Twister sucks more than 500mA or do protect the Boxes themself from damage?

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    both devices provide a maximum of 500mA to the Device port. You will need to reduce LED brightness at the very least. I don't own an MFT so others can speak to the specifics.

Leave a comment:

• spktkpkt
    replied
    I've ordered a Midi Fighter Twister to use it with the Bluebox and Blackbox, but read about drop outs (after i ordered one). I had a quick chat with DJTT and they told me that the Midi Fighter Twister will consume up to 850 mAh. Will this be a issue?

Leave a comment:

• RollrightKnights
    replied
    So a combination of reading and re-reading the awful manual plus assistance (gratefully received) from stoltenberg plus just trying out every parameter pretty much on the Faderfox in conjunction with MIDI learn on the Bluebox and I've got a functional controller!

I should record a video to save other people the head banging!

Leave a comment:

• stoltenberg
    commented on 's reply
    Help is on the way, please take a look in your private messages ;-)

• RollrightKnights
    replied
    Can anyone share how they setup their Faderfox UC4 with the Bluebox? Using MIDI learn I've managed to edit UC4 Group2 and have mapped the 8 UC4 faders to the Bluebox, but how do you change the amount that the UC4 fader goes to? Ideally I'd like the fader travel to stop at 0db.

The UC4 manual is really bad! Can anyone record a short video on setup? I can't be the only dummy to be struggling?! (Maybe I am!) - Thanks in advance!

EDIT - Got it I think - can edit upper and lower values of faders, the only thing I can't work out now is how to edit the encoders to control pan, FX etc.
    Last edited by RollrightKnights; 06-11-2022, 08:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RollrightKnights
    replied
    Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• stoltenberg
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, this is the word i've searched for ;-)

• RollrightKnights
    replied
    Thanks so much for this! When you say the vertical slider is this the cross fader?

Leave a comment:

• stoltenberg
    replied
    Yes, but the flexibility of the faderfox is advantage and disadvantage here at the same time. I've built so many different setups for my hard- and software and i'm never really sure, if i'm finally stick to them :-) My last setup for the bluebox is using the faders (obviously) for the volume levels of my (eight) tracks. Thanks to the last firmware update the vertical slider can be used for the main level. I'm using the eight rotary encoders for volume, pan, fx1, fx2, gain, out3, cue and out2. So if you activate one of the encoders (via pushing it), you can control the pan for the eight tracks for example. An alternative way could be to assign the encoders to the track numbers and control pan, fx, aux and so one for that particular track. It did'nt worked for me, but seems to be a very personal choice.
    To mention the button row: I use them just for soloing and muting tracks right now. But you can think about rec arm, aux on/off and other controls as well.
    I can help you if you have further questions.

Originally posted by RollrightKnights View Post
    Do any Faderfox UC4 users have any set-up advice? How are you using it with the Bluebox? Tips and tricks welcomed! I can't find much on YouTube

Leave a comment:

• RollrightKnights
    replied
    Do any Faderfox UC4 users have any set-up advice? How are you using it with the Bluebox? Tips and tricks welcomed! I can't find much on YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    I have one. I love it!

• koenig
    replied
    For what it's worth, I can report that the AtoVProject 16n Rework works as expected. Granted, the 16n does not sport any buttons but it has sliders galore and those are of a very high quality.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X