Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about 'stereo' input from Digitakt / OP-Z

Hey All

I've had my Bluebox for about a month now and it's getting a lot of use already - I'm loving it and I'm finding multiple scenarios in which to use it... however...!

I'm getting a little frustrated as when I plug a stereo TRS cable in from either stereo headphones out or the two L/R channels on my Digitakt I'm noticing that I need to pan each DT track (as in each track in a patter on the DT) a little left or right otherwise it gets lost in the stereo image - which indicates to me that the inputs on the BB aren't balanced and I need to compensate for this by panning sounds L-or-R - likewise the OP-Z is the same.

Another angle on this is I started using AUM on my iPad to run the DT through some effects - so I'm sending audio from the DT over USB into the iPad and out as a stereo signal via a TRS lead into the BB - and the same issue is occurring - meaning (to me) it's the inputs on the BB that are causing this.

So, can someone please enlighten me on the best way to get a stereo input into the BB without having to pan things around again... it also throws off the reverbs and delays I might have programmed into the DT which means I need to re-do any of those on a track to make them sound decent through the BB...

Sorry if this is a real newbie question but I really thought they would just accept a stereo input no hassle

Thanks for your help

Mike

Thanks for your question.

The bluebox is designed to handle a stereo signal. It is calibrated at the factory to make sure the L and R are consistent with each other.

I would be worried if you plugged in a stereo signal and one channel was consistently louder than the other. That would be a balance problem and deserves review of your hardware.

On the other hand, a stereo getting lost in the mix sounds more like a creative choice. Typically panning and/or EQ is the solution. Perhaps the built in compressor is getting in your way. Try disabling that.

Let us know if that does not help.

Comment

You may also want to check your cable, try swapping cables and see if the result change. I have not stereo issues with my BB, but I had my fair share of cable issues in the past and unbalanced stereo signal might be the result of a bad cable.

Also, you can try send a purely mono signal from you DT, like a kick centered with no effect and check that the level on your BB is the same on the L & R channels.

Comment

Working...
      X