No announcement yet.

bluebox 1.1 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting "error xxx k" at random moments when recording since the new firmware. Only reboot helps. Always starts when recording begins and then doesnt stop.

Running nerdseq midi - out for sync into bluebox 1 and bluebox 1 into bluebox 2.

12 mono channels on first and 6 stereo on 2nd. Problem seems to occur more on the one running 12 mono channels.
    Last edited by Properatus; 06-26-2021, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      Those errors (in red text) are audio issues, specifically. What are the specs of the microSD card in that device?

gonna miss the crazy reverb parameters but its definitely more streamlined with the presets. Hoping to see some of them come back in a future update so i can get my freak mode on with the reverb

Comment

• adzghost
      adzghost commented
      Editing a comment
      I too miss the Ableton Live esque reverb parameters. And advanced mode would be nice, or at least let us create our own presets somehow.

Im getting a massive issue when I send midi in, all audio stops and it stops accepting audio on all stereo ins. I cannot fix it and my blue box basically doesn't work anymore. How do I roll back?

Comment

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      If you can provide reliable repro steps I can look into your issue.

Originally posted by RyokoK View Post
    Im getting a massive issue when I send midi in, all audio stops and it stops accepting audio on all stereo ins. I cannot fix it and my blue box basically doesn't work anymore. How do I roll back?
    Ok I figured out the roll back, im trying to replicate. Ill try to post again if I can replicate in a way I can explain. Im so confused im sorry.

Comment

I found that using a USB extension for power causes some pretty major performance issues and causes my midi controller (novation launch control XL) to chase lights and act wonky. Plugging straight in to the power supply is probably best. Unfortunately, the supplied cable is very short, so I used a longer USB I had laying around and now its working and functioning better.

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        We very publicly discourage users from using extensions and 3rd party cables. You do need to use one that was designed for 2A @ 5V. A typical printer cable will not carry power - at all. We do officially endorse the Chroma Cable by DJ Tech Tools as it has been tested to meet or exceed the factory cable. The Chroma is longer, comes in colors, and a right-angle B connector.

Hi I have not updated yet - as I would like to know if the reverb freeze is still there! Thanks be great to know. I really like to have advanced settings for the reverb as an option this is something really special about bluebox
      Last edited by Iklooshar malara; 07-08-2021, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        Freeze is still there

• Iklooshar malara
        Iklooshar malara commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks have updated and appreciate the update

As already with the Beta 1.1, there were no woes installing nor using the current firmware update. I have recorded lots of stuff last weekend – long takes, short takes, unresponsively long takes with varying numbers of tracks and from several different sources. Not a single issue there. Keep it up! Especially the new timeline instantly doubles the market value of the bluebox.

Comment

Thanks for the update! I'm experiencing an issue with the reverb (also happened on 1.1 beta):

1. The low cut parameter does not respond to knob movements until I turn it fully counter-clockwise.
        2. Neither the low-cut or high-cut parameters save with the project.

Comment

Hello guy’s,

I participate very little on forums because English is not my native language. So, sorry in advance for my poor English level.
          As I really appreciate the bluebox and I think that this device has immense potential, I would like to make a proposal regarding the ergonomics of the new Edit function, which appeared in the last update.

I would have dreamed of having an interface like this: (see attached photo), with the possibility to loop part of recording.
          Please tell me what you think of this proposal?

I also think that indicating the starting point by a specific page and its digital implementation is not really useful. The use of encoders is largely sufficient in my opinion.

I also noticed that you have to press button B to access the second page of the Edit part. But this same button does not allow you to return to the previous page. In this case, you have to press the Edit button, which does not seem very intuitive to me.

In any case, thanks to the whole 1010 team for their excellent work and this wonderful bluebox device.

Comment

I have an with audio with multiple recordings in one track. Sometimes (and sometimes not with the same audio) there is a small interruption when audio changes from one wav file to the next on the same track (for example if I record from 1:1 to 17:1 and then record from 1:1 to 9:1 in the same track, sometimes the audio file doesn't seem to switch seemlessly from one file to the other at 9:1, but instead has a small hickup). I don't know if this is because of my recordings or not, but it doesn't always happen with the same files.
            Hope this made some sense and is therefore usefull feedback.
            Great update, I love it, makes the whole mixer much more usefull overall. Thanks a bunch!

Comment

I have a suggestion concerning the punch in and out options for recording, or better said the recording in general.
              When recording with external clock, the recording stops as soon as you hit pause / stop on the external clock, sending a transport-stop signal to the bluebox. This has the result of audio being cut off immediately. An option to have some kind of "after-roll" would be extremly nice. There could be an option to e.g. keep recording for a certain amount of bars after the stop signal was send. This is very useful for fade-outs or delay endings to recordings.
              I hope this feedback is useful.

Comment

I am confused. Is 1.1.2 a stable release or is it still considered to be a beta?
                Btw, I've downloaded the manual that is supposed to be with the feature change highlights, but I don't see the highlights, what am I missing?

Comment

• aljenimago
                  aljenimago commented
                  Editing a comment
                  daragreed, what pdf reader/viewer are you using to view the file? I’ve just examined the pdf with Acrobat Professional. The PDF seems not to utilise the standard Acrobat highlight feature. Instead, the highlights are actually semi-translucent graphical overlays. These may or may not be displayed correctly, depending on the per viewer used.

(@1010, by the way: thank you for this “marked” version!)

• datagreed
                  datagreed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  aljenimago default Preview.app on macOS. What color are those highlights? Could you please show me a screenshot example?

Anyway, is 1.1.2 stable?

Hello There, This update looks like the bees knees, i only drop in here monthly or less to check for updates on my Bluebox ( which i love ) so haven’t seen any dialogue about the Reverb being “Confusing” .. it isn’t , the bluebox is quite a high tech item so i cannot see having a sophisticated Reverb as a downside?. I have to say I am not sure about updating as it seems the Diffusion, Resonance and Mod controls are now missing from the Reverb and tailoring the sound to individual requirements is essential.
                I’ve only had my Bluebox 6 months and i’m not sure about the ethics of providing a physical machine with certain capabilities and then taking them away. Of course i applaud the addition of pingpong control to the delay , that fx could certainly do with some more parameters to help tailor it’s sound.
                So ( in case it wasn’t clear :] ) I would like to STRONGLY insist that the expanded reverb parameters page be reinstated... and to ask politely that retrogressive adjustments to the firmware don’t happen.. thanks in advance for that ...
                in the meantime a couple of questions in relation ,
                1) what are these preset modes that the reverb now has ? could someone furnish a list and maybe some details of what they do , ie: do they contain contain interesting algorithms that the old reverb didn’t have or are they just variations of settings available ‘made easy’ for the impatient users. it might make it vaguely easier to swallow the backwards step if there are things you COULDN’T do or dial in with it before.
                2) is there a download of the firmware just before this Beta and can it be reinstated by simply following the firmware upgrade path but with the previous ( i see there is a 1.0.11 downloadable is that the most up to date without the reverb changes? )
                anyway, thanks for all the efforts .. i was hoping when i bought it that the bluebox would follow the exciting upgrade paths the Blackbox benefitted from and it seems it’s starting to go that way. Just , please, no tricky backwards steps to catch us out

Comment

Working...
                X