Random popping sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random popping sounds

When my bluebox is on or asleep, I get random popping sounds out of my monitors--it sounds like there is some charge building up and now and then it lets loose and I get the pop. It's happens quite randomly, but on the order of several times a day. It's quite unpleasant if you have sensitive ears :-/

I've tried several USB power cables, including the one that ships with to no avail. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

oh, I should add that it happens even with no inputs connected.

Comment

I get random popping sometimes when adjusting levels on the Bluebox.

Comment

Which wall adapter are you using? What is the bluebox plugged into? What other devices are sharing the outlet?

Comment

I'm using the adapter that came with the bluebox. It's plugged into a powerstrip, which is in turn plugged into a UPS.

The powerstrip has my modular plugged into it, as well as my MPC. The UPS does have an aquarium heater and light plugged into it.

Comment

After answering your question, I moved the aquarium heater off the UPS (but still on the same circuit) but no luck--still get the popping. Once an hour or so on average. it's seemingly quite random. Ultra obnoxious!

Comment

actually i even tried unplugging the heater altogether for a while. still popping.

Comment

I have actually just noticed this as well over the past couple of days. It's a similar "pop" that's heard when plugging the unit in / powering up. Going to try and pay more attention to it and see if a pattern emerges...

Comment

• osfasofa
                  osfasofa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i also have an mpc live, and a handful of desktop synths that are being mixed by the bb being powered by the same powerstrip (mpc is using the power adapter, and is hosting a usb hub for the other synths. the other synths are powered via their respective adapters. bb is using the included adapter. bb main out is going to a usb interface connected to my laptop, which outputs to 2 active monitors. The BB, MPC, synths are all on the same power strip. The laptop (+interface) and monitors are on another powerstrip. Both powerstrips are plugged into the same "squid" power splitter. essentially everything is powered by the same outlet on my wall.

I’m also having this problem. I have the unit plugged directly into the wall, using the the supplied charger.

The noise is awful. I’m considering returning the unit as faulty.

Comment

• Aaron
                  Aaron commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry to hear this. Try disconnecting your setup to see if there is some kind of incompatibility with other gear. Also try making a recording to see if one of your inputs is causing it. You may also be hearing noise from your home/studio electrical system. Please try to isolate it and let us know. We agree that random popping is unacceptable.

same problem here

Comment

Working...
                X