X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEBariffic
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Save As Template works a bit differently in our software compared to most others. This can sometimes create confusion.

Create a Project with all of the settings you want. Then, touch File > Save As Template. This creates a new file. This new file IS the template. From now on, open the template and choose File Save As..., rename the preset and start working. Basically, the template preserves settings but removes audio files.
    OK, so basically load the saved template, then use "SaveAs Template" option to rename / save new version to start recording with. Thank you!!!

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    replied
    Maybe could be good if the templates were automatically saved in a /TEMPLATES directory and maybe with a different extension. Then the firmware would always act as if it was a "Save As" when saving from a template.

Leave a comment:

• sean808080
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for this rundown. Works as directed. Just need to remember this so we don’t overwrite the template.

• Steve
    replied
    Save As Template works a bit differently in our software compared to most others. This can sometimes create confusion.

Create a Project with all of the settings you want. Then, touch File > Save As Template. This creates a new file. This new file IS the template. From now on, open the template and choose File Save As..., rename the preset and start working. Basically, the template preserves settings but removes audio files.

Leave a comment:

• sean808080
    replied
    FWIW it's not you. I just got my bluebox yesterday and hit the same question. A quick video on the correct project from template workflow would be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• JEBariffic
    started a topic Templates? Or am I an idiot?

Templates? Or am I an idiot?

Salivations!

I'm not able to understand how to utilize templates. I keep the same gear plugged into BlueBox, so template start would be ideal.

I set up my tracks, go to PROJ, then Save As Template. Lovely.

But on next project starting with the template, it appears that if I rename the project, the template file I started with is being renamed, and thus no longer available.

I might have done something bone-headed in the above, or perhaps there is a "Save As" function I'm not aware of?

Thanks!
Working...
X