Crackling noise while adjusting gain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackling noise while adjusting gain

Hi, I have had my Bluebox for a couple weeks now and it seems to have developed a crackling noise on channel 1 whenever gain is adjusted. I've figured out that the noise is only present if the equalizer is active. I have tried it with multiple sound sources, but the issue always happens on ch1 no matter what is plugged in. Has anyone else experienced and/or solved this issue before? Video below demonstrates the issue. Thanks in advance!

blockletter do you use the original power supply and usb cable?

Comment

Same problem here with original power supply. Luckly volume adjustment doesn't show the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean Freud View Post
        blockletter do you use the original power supply and usb cable?
        Dean Freud Yes, I am using the original power supply and usb cable. So far my solution has been to simply set the gain and forget it, and use volume adjustment if needed like Re:man

Comment

Did you contact the Support?
          https://1010music.com/contact-us

Comment

Originally posted by Dean Freud View Post
            Did you contact the Support?
            https://1010music.com/contact-us
            Just emailed them. If we find any solutions, I will post again here.

Comment

Please note that we also just posted a new version, 1.2.2. Please try it out and let us know.

Comment

I had the same issue with firmware 1.1.2, but it was resolved with the firmware update to 1.2.2.

Comment

Originally posted by QuadratClown View Post
                  I had the same issue with firmware 1.1.2, but it was resolved with the firmware update to 1.2.2.
                  Nevermind, the crackling noise is there still.

The noise is only on the right audio channel and only appears when a track is mono.

Steps to reproduce:
                  - have a track that currently has some kind of audio input
                  - that track must be set to mono (does not matter if L/R is the source)
                  - track volume at 0db
                  - change gain of the track --> crackling on right audio channel.

Comment

i have the same problem

Comment

Yup I noticed the crackling today when adjusting input gain, on fw 1.2.6 but as conventional gain control is for inital setup only, it was not a problem for me after that.

Comment

Working...
                      X