No announcement yet.

Downgrade the firmware: possible? Safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downgrade the firmware: possible? Safe?

I could not find this information anywhere. I have installed 1.2.0 beta to check if it solved some MIDI bug I found, and it does... but now I'd rather get back to 1.1.3 that (I presume) is generally more stable for everyday use. Anybody knows?

Please update the instructions with this information, too, particularly for the ones of us who take the effort to test betas for 1010 Music.

Thanks.

Our betas are usually pretty stable. 1.2.0 may have a few minor bugs but nothing that breaks the box. However, you can safely downgrade and upgrade any time you like. NO RISK!

Comment

Let me add some additional information here.

1.2.2 is now the stable version of bluebox. It has been through a considerable amount of testing and we recommend it over 1.1.3 at this point.

In general, you can downgrade the firmware. I wouldn't go so far as to say there is no risk. We occasionally expand the data files in a forward compatible way and don't go back and test them on previous versions. If you have any critical files you don't want to lose, keeping a backup is always a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
        Let me add some additional information here.

1.2.2 is now the stable version of bluebox. It has been through a considerable amount of testing and we recommend it over 1.1.3 at this point.

In general, you can downgrade the firmware. I wouldn't go so far as to say there is no risk. We occasionally expand the data files in a forward compatible way and don't go back and test them on previous versions. If you have any critical files you don't want to lose, keeping a backup is always a good idea.
        My Blueboxes are on 1.2.2 as I need the transport functionality and the ability to have two mono sends. However, I am often missing the deeper reverb parameters of the earlier firmware releases. I fully understand why the effect went in this direction; however, I do hope that the wishlist request for an option to configure your own presets (and open deeper parameters) gets noticed. I can't complain too much though, as my Blueboxes are indispensable.

Comment

Working...
        X