Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the iPad as MIDI-Controller for the Bluebox

Hi everyone,
    as already posted, today I had the idea to use the iPad with the large screen as a "virtual" midicontroller for my much appreciated Bluebox. Successfully!
    I got the IOS environment LEMUR (Appstore) out again and created a good to use interface for the Bluebox.

8 channel fader, channel fader for cue, out2 and master, knobs for gain, pan, fx1 and fx2 and buttons for mute, solo and record. Per midi learn I have integrated the bluebox. The whole thing is still expandable.
    [see screenshot]

I connected the iPad via USB-C to USB-A midi interface ->
    the Bluebox is connected to the midiinterface via midi cable. unfortunately I haven't managed to connect the iPad (LEMUR) directly to the Bluebox via USB-C to USB-A yet.

If you are interested, I will gladly provide the patch for the LEMUR environment.

Best regards
    Holger
    Last edited by holgap; 05-06-2022, 09:22 AM.

Originally posted by holgap View Post
    Hi everyone,
    If you are interested, I will gladly provide the patch for the LEMUR environment.
    Nice ! every control in one screen ;-)
    Could save me some clicks, can you give a link for it?
    Thanks

Comment

I think a direct iPad/BB connection won't work because they're both expecting to be hosts. An intermediary device will be necessary.

Comment

Hi guys,

thanks for your response.

Here is the LEMUR-patch, the Bluebox preset with all the CC# and a short instruction:

BLBX_iPAD_CTRL.zip

enjoy!

BR
        Holger

Comment

Working...
        X