A Few BlueBox Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few BlueBox Questions

Hey folks, new to the forum and the bluebox. I've got a few questions if anyone has the patience.

-is there a way to arm recording so it automatically begins when I start sending audio to it?

-is there a way to reduce the metronome volume?

-what is your method for properly setting gain since there are no red/yellow/green meters.

-lastly, when I solo or mute, I can still hear all the other tracks... The one I've solod is prominent, but i can still hear all the rest.

Anyhow, thanks in advance. Love the gizmo so far!

Here's my setup. I have more gear than space, so this is what Im currently using.

Comment

-is there a way to arm recording so it automatically begins when I start sending audio to it?
      No. But you can arm recording and send a MIDI start command to achieve something similar.

-is there a way to reduce the metronome volume?
      Yes. Main > B > Met Gain. You can also set the desired output for the metro.

-what is your method for properly setting gain since there are no red/yellow/green meters.
      Great question. I usually begin with VOL set to 0DB. I then adjust the gain to reduce below clipping—subtractive mixing with VOL from there. I would guess other users have their own strategies for this. I like this because it gives me optimal output levels to start.

-lastly, when I solo or mute, I can still hear all the other tracks... The one I've solod is prominent, but i can still hear all the rest.
      Please - always - share your firmware version as a number. We also need to understand how you have your routing set up and more about how this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Thefactorypilot View Post
        Here's my setup. I have more gear than space, so this is what Im currently using.
        That USB-B cable that plugs into your Bluebux looks like an UDG, is it? Is it good enough for power?
        Cheers and welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Weazel View Post

That USB-B cable that plugs into your Bluebux looks like an UDG, is it? Is it good enough for power?
          Cheers and welcome to the forum!
          Its from djtechtools, recommended by 1010. The wall wart is 1010.

Regarding my firmware, its the most current build. Its a fairly basic setup... Currently have drumbrute, grandmother, and sp404mk2 each going directly in to channels 1-3 in the back. Sp404 is the only stereo track. Im using bose qc25 in the output 1.
          Power is coming from a basic Furman power strip. When I try to use solo, its like all other tracks are reduced by 90% but still quite audible.

I need to go through the manual cover to cover... Im sure that will answer a lot of my questions.

Thanks for the help guys!
          Everything
          Last edited by Thefactorypilot; 09-08-2022, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Weazel
            Weazel commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah, thanks, DjTechTools... tried to get hold of one but it turned out to be not feasible to get it delivered to where I live without massive extra customs surcharge, extra tax and steep delivery costs. So I'm hoping someone will start to deliver or that I'll find another one good enough! So I was hoping for UDG Cheers mate.

• Steve
            Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            please contact us directly about this issue. Also, please please always share your firmware version as a number. 'Latest' is ambiguous. Sometimes there are incremental changes - sometimes big changes. It is an important piece of info for us.

If you can't get DJ Tech Tools Chroma cable, consider the OYAIDE D+ cable. Even the 3m cable performs well with our devices.

Comment

1.2.7 is my firmware

Comment

Originally posted by Thefactorypilot View Post
              Is it possible that what you're hearing is the REVERB of the others tracks? Check the reverb FX volume, and try setting it at minimum for every track. If that was the reason, maybe you want to set reverb FX send to be post-fader instead of pre-fader (which I think is the default).

Comment

• fiddymen
                fiddymen commented
                Editing a comment
                I think this is the case too. It's actually a great feature for live use, but not when you're learning the ropes.

Check to see if you were effects are set to pre-fader, if so, switch them to post fader.

Comment

Working...
              X