Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIDI Clock not received

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MIDI Clock not received

    MIDI clock is detected & affects FX sync times.

    MIDI clock does not seem to affect overall project tempo. Beat/bar count shows no change related to tempo nor does project tempo display change in project settings.

  • #2
    I was also having trouble with midi, so far i have Only tried with blackbox and Digitone, the project tempo display doesn’t change in blackbox when I do it, but the tempo does seem to change overall. I will try with other devices as well.

    Comment


    • #3
      Same here. I cannot get blubox to read any external Midi clock. I know there is clock. I see it on my sequencer when I switch the cable. Any suggestions?

      Comment


      • #4
        You should see the bluebox start and stop on incoming MIDI transport messages. The tempo will track, but the BPM on the PROJ B page won't change.

        The most common problem is with your connections. If you are connecting to the blackbox, just use a TRS cable to go from one to the other. The MIDI adapters are unnecessary in that case.

        Comment


        • #5
          Could possibly be displayed on the Tools page the MIDI status? MIDI connection status, the last received message and the MIDI clock BPM (possibly flashing on the beat), if this is tracked?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Aaron View Post
            You should see the bluebox start and stop on incoming MIDI transport messages. The tempo will track, but the BPM on the PROJ B page won't change.

            The most common problem is with your connections. If you are connecting to the blackbox, just use a TRS cable to go from one to the other. The MIDI adapters are unnecessary in that case.
            I use Pam's New Works via it's midi extension to send clock signals to my external gear, but it doesn't seem to send midi transport messages. Any chance of having an option to start/stop on clock detection? I have also raised a request with ALM to see if we can get an update to send transport commands via the midi extension.

            Thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by virtualpt View Post

              I use Pam's New Works via it's midi extension to send clock signals to my external gear, but it doesn't seem to send midi transport messages. Any chance of having an option to start/stop on clock detection? I have also raised a request with ALM to see if we can get an update to send transport commands via the midi extension.

              Thanks
              OK, heard from ALM & they informed me that Pam's does send midi stop/start messages. I have confirmed this using the sequencer on my keystep. Start/stop are definitely not working with Bluebox.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm seeing something different here. When I connect a TRS cable from blackbox MIDI out to bluebox MIDI in and press Play, the bluebox tracks the incoming clock. This is on version 1.0.6 of bluebox.

                How exactly are you connecting Pamela's workout to bluebox?

                Here is something else to try: Use test mode on the bluebox: Caution: one of the tests will play a full scale sine wave and potentially blow you out of your chair. Turn the volume down.
                1. Hold B while powering up
                2. Press A a few times until you get to the MIDI Input Test
                3. Send MIDI using some external device. Does this appear onscreen?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                  I'm seeing something different here. When I connect a TRS cable from blackbox MIDI out to bluebox MIDI in and press Play, the bluebox tracks the incoming clock. This is on version 1.0.6 of bluebox.

                  How exactly are you connecting Pamela's workout to bluebox?

                  Here is something else to try: Use test mode on the bluebox: Caution: one of the tests will play a full scale sine wave and potentially blow you out of your chair. Turn the volume down.
                  1. Hold B while powering up
                  2. Press A a few times until you get to the MIDI Input Test
                  3. Send MIDI using some external device. Does this appear onscreen?
                  Aaron, fantastic. Diagnosed & fixed it with test mode. The adapter cable wasn't quite seated properly. The internals of my Bluebox seem to be a tad too far away from the front of the case, I can only get my SD card out by poking my fingernail in the slot a bit, it's only a few mils, but it makes all of the difference; this few mils means that I have to firmly press the midi cable in to get it to seat properly. Thanks so much for your help with this, it makes a huge difference . Now just need a firmware update with a quick EQ bypass control & Bluebox will be perfect

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am also using PNW and I have the midi Expander on the way. I did do all the tests explained sending Midi clock from my Tubbutec U-Tune and it is showing clock activity. I thought maybe the incoming clock data would be a visual reading somewhere.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X