Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes

Hi

I just got my Bluebox and I am having huge issues with crashes. So far it mainly happens on:
    1) After hitting OK after creating and renaming a new project
    2) changing brightness to anything other than 100%

These two happen all the time and I can replicate them every single time I try to do it. I've had some other random crashes but I am not really able to replicate them; the two above I definitely can. Also sometimes after some of these crashes it just keeps restarting unless I pull the cable out.

This happens with or without audio coming, incl without any plugged in cables. The firmware it's been updated to 1.0.7 and it's powered by the cable and USB charger that came with it.

Thanks

Thanks for covering the obvious stuff like the power and the firmware version. Next, please try reformatting the micro SD card or using a different one.

Please let us know how it goes.

Comment

Bluebox crashes - delivered yesterday (great device, thanks). Tested briefly yesterday with three stereo inputs, into headphones. No problems, but I didn't try saving or recording anything.

This morning I'm creating project configurations and it crashes, first crash just on pressing track and B together...with no inputs or outputs of any kind plugged in...none.

Using supplied cable and adapter plugged directly into wall. Using supplied SD.

Then crashes each time when saving new patch or moving from one project to another. Also seems to be running hot to me...although that maybe just me..?

About to load newest firmware.Will report back. No such problems of this kind with blackbox ever so am surprised by this behaviour.

Comment

• echodub
        echodub commented
        Editing a comment
        Firmware all updated, no issues doing that.

Still crashes randomly. This morning crashed when simply pressing Tools button. Continues to crash and reboot every time one changes project. Some projects just vanish completely when this happens...including a couple of completely untouched, unused templates.

Tried a new SD card, formatted correctly and much bigger. Same issues. Also impossible to save any changes to projects, so one can set up a new project and name it...then one can change say, track names...one goes to save...and save is greyed out on that project ...one is following the manual EXACTLY.

This is a total bummer guys...sort it please....this unit is exceptional, it is imho THE best bit of gear for a synthist since we got polyphonic...I'm serious.

The sound is excellent, the controls a clear, it has stereo inputs, so simple yet so rare for a decent mixer. But all this is useless if it is unreliable.

I would never ever try and gig live with this thing until its remotely stable. I bought it to gig live with. Extremely disappointed.

• echodub
        echodub commented
        Editing a comment
        Update:This morning I completed a complete re load of the firmware with a different computer and a different SD card. Format correct.

At first, some success. Created a new project 6 track, stereo - re-named the tracks, set single row, set parameters for gain and a couple of effects, took of the compressor on two of the tracks....used it....worked beautifully. Great, took life in hand and went to save ! save was not greyed out. Pressed save. Bluebox turned itself off, re-booted to the project. Saved everything, low and behold. Sigh of relief.

BUT....then proceeded to work for half an hour or so, changed levels and couple of the effect parameters. Great, took life in hand once more and hit save.

Bluebox then proceeded into a boot loop. That is, it constantly turned off, turned on again, turned off...ad infinitum Let it do this for a while then disconnected power. Waited, re-booted - project name still in projects...load....all previously set parameters - track name...levels, fx, the lot...gone.

Why would this be?? What am I doing wrong? What is the device doing wrong?

Notes...it is still running hot, hotter than than blackbox. I am only using it as a mixer...no other connections but in/out. The SD card sits the card level with the casing, the blackbox sits the SD card slightly out of the casing...is the SD card slot on the bluebox dodgy? That might ...just might...explain erratic behaviour?

It's such a shame ..... I really love this thing and I want to work it, and I want it to work, I've enjoyed the blackbox tremendously and have had zero issues - touch wood.....Any thoughts anyone? Quite prepared to accept I'm an idiot if I'm missing something simple, or even something complicated..;-)

Hi Aaron, thanks for that; the format seems to have helped a lot. I still get a few occasional crashes but it's way more stable now.

Comment

I'm having the exact same issues, have tried different power points, updating the firmware, and I'm still having random crashes, and flickering screen after it reboots

Comment

I can report that the full reformat helped a lot, was playing with it last night and it hasn't crashed at all

Comment

I'm still having crashes after reformat and also trying different SD cards!!

Comment

I figured out the issues! The Australian plug supplied was only 1 amp, I changed to a regular phone charger and now it's working with no problems. May need to inform Australian distribution they're supplying the wrong adaptor

Comment

• freedux
              freedux commented
              Editing a comment
              A fellow Australian here! Where did you order your Bluebox from? I am asking because I didn't get an Australian plug at all actually and I was wondering if that would help me solve my ground loop noise issues

• echodub
              echodub commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you. Yes. All my issues solved by not using the supplied usb/plug and moving to 2 amp.....the simplest things are often the most complicated. Clearly the Australian distribution needs a word or ... two. Thanks again.

• Steve
              Steve commented
              Editing a comment
              For the record - we do not supply the Australian adaptor in the box. Our distributor (or someone) added it? We are looking into it.

That said, insufficient power is often the culprit. please make sure you are providing at least 2A @ 5V.

My crashes are back!

This seems to have something to do with the SD card, it worked fine as long as I didn't try to do anything with the card, ie it would instantly crash as soon as I tried to save/load project, hit record etc. I've updated the firmware to 1.0.8 which actually made it worse and now it won't even start up properly.

I've accidentally gotten into the debug mode and run the SD card test; not sure what the upper limit as but I let it run for 5000 tests for 25, 50 and 100hz with 0 failures. I assume this is some sort of a read/write test? It did save out testdata.bin so I can send that through if that's relevant

I've reformatted the card which helped with the startup crashing but still can't record anything, and as soon as I try to save the project it crashes

Either way it seems to be getting a bit silly as it's far from usable?

Comment

• freedux
              freedux commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Steve, and how do i go about securing a new plug? Mine didn’t come with am Australian wall plug so I have to use the USB charger, which could be the issue for sure
              Do you have a recommendation for a plug that surely works? Or ideally are you able to ship one that definitely works to me?

• freedux
              freedux commented
              Editing a comment
              So! I've searched high and low throughout my house and found the one UK travel adapter that I own, and it seems to have helped! I'll do another test throughout today, but if that's the case can I get my hands on the Australian adapter for the supplied plug?

• Steve
              Steve commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm pretty sure the one that some users have reported receiving is not sufficient. Any wall adaptor that supplies at least 2A @ 5V will work.
          Working...
          X