Screen degradation - possible screen refresh issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen degradation - possible screen refresh issue

I believe my bluebox has the screen mounting issue reported in other threads though until recently everything was working fine and I really didn't notice any problems. However, when I was working with the device today, the screen suddenly became very degraded; the display quality and resolution is definitely not what it was just the other day. Also, I am now seeing artifacts from other screens as I switch through different functions; elements from the previous screen will remain on the display and then slow fade away. Something has changed for the worst as the display quality is not what it was just a day ago. Has anyone else seen this problem? Would this be considered a reason to return or replace the device I have?

I did try to upgrade to the latest firmware (1.0.8); this did not help and may have actually made it worse. I am going to try to down grade the firmware to see if that has any affect.

Comment

I just tried downgrading the firmware to version 1.0.6 with no difference; this is looking like it may be a hardware issue. I am also able to see additional display issues; when on the tools page, I can see lines of lightness or hue throughout the display.

Comment

I don't heat my studio on a regular basis so I though maybe the extreme cold weather may have affected the screen; after moving it to a warmer room, it does not look to be an issue with temperature.

Comment

My display problems are not getting any better so I am looking to understand if someone can advise on the following:
          1. Is it worth contacting the vendor where I purchased my Bluebox? I am wondering if I should look to get the unit replaced from where I purchased it or directly through 1010music.
          2. Does anyone know if all the screen related issues have been addressed in units being shipped now or it this still an ongoing issue?
          3. Does opening up the device void any warranty? Should I attempt to open it up and re-seat the screen to see if that fixes my display issues?
          Any advise is greatly appreciated; I love the Bluebox and want to continue to use it but would also like to get the screen fixed if possible.

Comment

Working...
          X