No announcement yet.

Freezing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suffering freezing from a brand new Bluebox with no midi connected. Pads and screen become unresponsive. Unit is running very hot compared to blackbox. Considering returning the unit :\ Encountered freezes both on original firmware (1.0.8) and 1.0.11 (latest as of yesterday). Unit is operating with the factory microsd card and using the factory AC adaptor (US) Seems to happen randomly when the unit is idle, about once every 4-8 hours.

Comment

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you using the factory USB power cable?

I am also experiencing the freezing, but only when recording.

My setup is as follows:
    - 8 channels (4 mono, 4 stereo)
    - factory USB cable
    - Zoia connected to TRS midi input of the bluebox
    - the zoia is sending a volume sidechain signal to all channels except 1 (so quite a lot of midi data)
    - Sandisk Extreme 32GB card (although also happens with supplied card)

I can't actually use the supplied power adapter as it doesn't fit my local New Zealand power sockets, but I have tried a 6 port 60W charging hub and a 12W apple adapter.

The freezing only seems to occur when recording (but it doesn't matter how many channels). While recording, I notice that all of the screen updating becomes laggy. Then between 1 and 12 minutes later, the device locks up but audio keeps playing.

This doesn't seem to happen when I disconnect from the midi input.

When the device freezes, all of the select button lights come on full (i'm guessing the PWM stalls?)

---

Has 1010music been able to reproduce the bug yet?

Comment

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      we have a few users reporting issues from the ZOIA. Stay Tuned.

I'm also experiencing freezing while leaving the Bluebox on for 4-8 hours. The last few times have been in different projects while performing different tasks. Sometimes it will freeze while sitting there on, waiting for me to play something through in my Synth Jam project. That particular project is just a mixer for my Teenage Engineering stuff. Last weekend I had a clocking issue with that project, after sitting idle for a few hours, I went to put down an OP-1 part but the sound was crackly like a clocking issue, unplugging the power and rebooting fixed this. Then last night while filming a performance, it froze on playback mid-take. For that setup I'm running 5 stems on playback while mixing inputs.

Latest firmware, factory USB cable and identical to factory sd card (my original card showed up DOA). OP-Z sending midi clock to input, ZOIA accepting clock from output, nothing plugged into the USB host. I'm going to ditch the clocking setup for a week or so and see if that's where the problem is coming from.

Comment

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you share the firmware version as a number? Are you using the factory wall adapter?

• idylmind
      idylmind commented
      Editing a comment
      Firmware 1.0.11
      Yes, factory power supply.

same midi issue here

Comment

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      can you describe your setup and tell which device is sending MIDI? And how?

Also having regular freezes.
    midi in only to enable start syncing on rec, with octatrack sending midi clock. No recording actually happening. Just using as a mixer. USB powered. No midi controller drawing power.

Comment

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      Factory power cable and adapter?
Working...
X