Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BUG] "SaveAs Template" keep some traces of the files from the original template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC Prime
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Steve, I know, my BB practically lives in sleep mode. But my setup right now makes it very inconvenient to have to unplug the cable in situations like this when I need to restart. Enough so that the possibility of bodging a switch in there is appealing.

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    Press and hold the 'B' button for a few seconds and the bluebox will go into sleep mode.

• Steve
    replied
    Another workaround to the Save As.. issue

Set each track as not 'Active' before saving it as a template. This will get you what you want. Again, we are working on this. Please stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• puffycaps
    replied
    Originally posted by RC Prime View Post
    Side note: has anyone hacked an on/off switch into their bluebox yet?
    I tried with an in-line USB switch. It works fine for the blackbox but introduces problems like noise and recording errors on bluebox. I've learned bluebox is super sensitive to power, like you definitely need to use the provided USB cable, and depending on your situation, the stock power adapter too (though it runs just fine on USB power banks).

And FWIW I've experienced the "save as template" leftovers as well. Loading a different template and reloading the new one does the trick.

Leave a comment:

• RC Prime
    replied
    Just a corollary report. The other day, I was trying to track master on a project where I had previously recorded on track 5. Started recording, stopped when I heard track 5 playing back, went to edit set the file to not active, started recording again, went through a bunch of iterations with the same result, and finally decided to use save as template and start fresh. Same thing, except now there were no tracks to disable. Long story slightly less long, unplugged and replugged the BB and the problem was gone.

Side note: has anyone hacked an on/off switch into their bluebox yet?

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    This is well documented in our database. We will address this.

Leave a comment:

• mschurenko
    replied
    I confirm this is still happening in 1.0.11 firmware

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    Please do. I will test on my end. Keep in mind, there are bluebox updates coming so these reports are important. Thanks for posting.

• virtualpt
    replied
    Just discovered today that I have the same issue. I have a hunch that if the files are deactivated before the Save As Template that this won't happen. I need to test this to confirm.

Leave a comment:

• Drella22
    replied
    Aaron , this one may be of interest to you

Leave a comment:

• stimpy
    replied
    Yes I have had the same issue so stopped using save as template.

Leave a comment:

• [BUG] "SaveAs Template" keep some traces of the files from the original template

After using "SaveAs Template" function (1.0.8), the Bluebox would play the files from the original project when I hit play.
    I would see the tracks modulating (MIXER Mode) and hear what seems to be the effect returns (Delay + Reverb)...
    I don't hear the tracks themselves though.
    In EDIT Mode, (No File) is written for every track.

That's a very weird bug.
    Anyone has seen something similar?
Working...
X