Recorded Session volume much lower than actual live mix volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recorded Session volume much lower than actual live mix volume

I recorded a session and the recording has a much lower volume than the Live output. Any way to have it match up or Cue the actual volume that is being recorded?

Same here. I listen to the Cue output and set all the levels for my tracks at a good volume for the mix. After recording the tracks playback at about 10-20% the volume and the blue level bars hardly show up at all, flickering at the bottom of the screen instead of where they were playing live through it.

I haven't got my head around how to set this up properly so that what I hear pre recording = what gets recorded = what gets played back from the files.
    Last edited by lostforwords; 04-23-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I don't know if it's the same thing, but this happened for me but not on the track recordings (actually I haven't checked them, so maybe it did), but on the master. I think the master is recorded post fader, and since I use that to avoid being murdered by my neighbors.. it's a problem.

But the problem might be that I should use an extra layer of gainstaging in this case

Comment

Working...
      X