Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faffen
    • Sep 2020

Thank for the update! This is what I missed to make this a GREAT tool.

Comment

• rcf56_YZ
      • Apr 2021

Just downloaded the new beta; this is my first Bluebox update attempt and I'll be using Windows for it. My Bluebox is currently on v.1.0.8. Just to be absolutely clear before I go ahead, because the sticky update instruction aren't too specific about this; I have the bin extracted from the downloaded zip file. Do I place this on a fresh clean FAT32 or exFAT micro sd card and install from that, or is it okay to place the bin file on the existing included micro sd card? Sounds like a great update, looking forward to using it, but I also want to make sure that I get it exactly right. ;-)

Comment

• RC Prime
        RC Prime commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been using the card that came with the bb, but either/or. I think it just has to be in the root directory.

• Aaron
        Aaron commented
        Editing a comment
        You can install from whatever card you like. The BLUEBOX.BIN file must be in the root directory in order to work. This will mean overwriting any previous version that is already there.
    • rcf56_YZ
      • Apr 2021

Thank guys.

Comment

• z1v
        • Jul 2018

What a great update - thanks!

I didn't find any bugs so far - here's some feedback
        Top request - I would love to actually see waveforms being recorded in the timeline. Right now punch in, out and play from - get a ton of screen real estate - why not just make them markers on top of the timeline like in DAWs?

Other feedback - timeline:
        - if we can't see waveforms recorded, at least show us something? right now there's no indication on screen until after the recording is done.
        - it would be great if the on dots left part of the screen were red for armed tracks, and if we're not using 12 tracks, at least expand to use all the space (assuming some graphic indication of level is possible, otherwise it's less important)
        - the cursor runs off the screen when you're recording - it would be nice if there was some sort of "follow" or auto-expand of the timeline
        - it would have nice to have controls to zoom in and out of the timeline and scroll left and right. it could be an A toggle for the knobs
        - tapping the B button twice should return to the timeline

Other feedback - misc
        - loving the new reverb presets and simplification - thank you! However, the default one is so tight at first I thought the reverb was broken. Perhaps pick a preset with a little more space?

Other - old stuff that's been around:
        - set time and date for files - dating them to the '70s does give analog warmth but since Bluebox is pretty much on all the time, I think it should just ask to set the date when you turn it on (skippable) and then use that for the files
        - would be nice to set defaults for the "init preset" so that I don't have to keep changing things to Single Row 6 tracks...
        - same for the compressor - I have to say the default settings are really aggressive - it's cool on certain things but can cause unwanted pumping that I think may confuse first-time users.
        - as long as there are no new effects - wouldn't it make more sense to name FX1 DLY and FX2 RVB?
        - I never understood the logic of not playing back recorded files when the tracks armed. If I hit play (as opposed to rec play) why not just play the tracks as long as they're active? DAWs work like that too.
        - per track compression, please?

Comment

• rastoboy
          • Jun 2021

I'm just having an issue where the box shuts down randomly--or possibly when I hit the B key. This *may* be related to the box being on for a long time, which leads me to: hey how about a sleep mode? The box running so hot makes me concerned for it's longevity--it's even hot when it's not doing anything.

Comment

• Steve
            Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            Holding 'B" will enter sleep mode.
        • rev-eng
          • May 2021

Originally posted by rastoboy View Post
          I'm just having an issue where the box shuts down randomly--or possibly when I hit the B key. This *may* be related to the box being on for a long time, which leads me to: hey how about a sleep mode? The box running so hot makes me concerned for it's longevity--it's even hot when it's not doing anything.
          I thought that was happening too, but actually holding the B key does engage a sleep mode! Maybe that's what's happening with yours too?

Comment

• John Wellington-Wells
            • Jun 2019

Just loaded the new update, hope to get time to use it later on. From what I've seen so far all is what I wanted and some stuff I didn't know I wanted.

Thanks so much.

John

Comment

• Abelaze
              • Apr 2021

Hi, BB Fans.

After the update I can not record any track correctly. Yes, it looks fine during recording, but if I play this file in the blucbox, I hear only a few seconds. After that theres no sound. In the edit section more than one file per channel is active. Correcting that didnt help.

Now I will try with a absolute clean sd card, with no files from previous versions on it.....

Ok, that works. Dont use the new version with old recorded projects on the sd card. It behave strangely in my setup.

​​​​​Greetings from Berlin, Germany (that maybe explains my bad english)

Andre

Comment

• z1v
                • Jul 2018

Bug report I can't replicate, but very quickly after a recording session BB stopped listening to incoming audio and had to be restarted

Comment

• rev-eng
                  • May 2021

Very exciting update! I love that 1010music listen to the users.

For me the recording was always an added bonus but the new features definitely make sense, although not sure how much I'll use them. 2x mono outs is great, would love it if Cue could be split as well. Per channel compression and sidechain would round things off for me!

Comment

• Keymanpal
                    • Apr 2021

Some nice features added ;-) keep it up!
                    Thanks !

Comment

• rstephenson
                      • Apr 2021

Good stuff; thanks. The most trivial bug report ever—there’s a typo in one of the reverb preset names: “Notchy Ambiance” → “Notchy Ambience”.

Comment

• RC Prime
                        RC Prime commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No, it's Tight Ambience -> Tight Ambiance.

• rstephenson
                        rstephenson commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I suppose consistency between the two ambience/ambiances is the most important factor, but fwiw the OED has:

ambience | ˈambɪəns | (also ambiance)
                        noun
                        the character and atmosphere of a place: the relaxed ambience of the cocktail lounge is popular with guests.
                        • quality or character given to a sound recording by the space in which the sound occurs.
                        ORIGIN
                        late 19th century: from ambient + -ence, or from French ambiance, from ambiant ‘surrounding’.

"Forms: 1600s 1800s– ambience, 1900s– ambiance (nonstandard except in sense [the contextual elements of a work of art, esp. as they support the main effect of a piece.])."
                    • oshinai
                      • Feb 2021

I can't seem to unzip the file. It becomes a .bin file but it never properly becomes a useable file. Running mac os Big Sur. Any ideas?

Comment

• Steve
                        Steve commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The .BIN file is the file you want to transfer to the MicroSD card. Make sure the name is BLUEBOX.BIN and hold the 'A' button during startup.
                    • rastoboy
                      • Jun 2021

Originally posted by rev-eng View Post

I thought that was happening too, but actually holding the B key does engage a sleep mode! Maybe that's what's happening with yours too?
                      Yes, it was! Just discovered that thanks to a friendly facebook poster and was coming back here to mea culpa.

Comment

• jose.gs.araujo
                        • Mar 2020

i'm very curious to see what this update looks like. certainly a step in the right direction, towards a purchase of a bluebox =)

are any videos coming out soon?

is there currently a way to slice up tracks and copy paste sections?

Comment

• Steve
                          Steve commented
                          Editing a comment
                          no copy/paste/slice but a video about this new update and features is coming!
                      Working...
                      X