bluebox 1.1 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

Just chiming in - I really like the reverb presets, they're very helpful for me!

Thanks and looking forward to seeing what comes next!

Comment

Aside from being able to pause playbook and scrub backwards and forwards I actually prefer the 1.0 version. The reverb is worse now IMO as so much of the functionality has been removed. I don't even use it anymore as I can't seem to get anything that I like. The timeline thing in Edit is just really confusing when dealing with multiple takes.

Comment

In case it hasn't been suggested already. I now use three external effects with my Bluebox, and it would be great if you could somehow include send for OUT3 in the track mode view, next to CUE and OUT2, so I can see it there as well. I understand that there might be a lack of space there, but maybe squeeze everything together a bit more, or move the REC button.

Also, the Bluebox is really great and I think you've made a real good job designing it and it's interface!

Comment

I'd love to have the "advanced mode" back for the reverb. The preset modes are a great idea for beginners or situations where you need it to "just work" but for more serious and experimental approaches, the full control was great. Even though it's a bit off-topic, I'd also love to have this level of advanced control on the delay too

Comment

I'm also really disappointed with the exclusion of the original reverb parameters page.

That was one reason I wanted to buy the box, now finally bought it and after updating I realized it's gone.

Why can't the new presets that are ok for beginners who need bread and butter coexist with an advanced mode?

Why deleting already given functionality that made the unit unique just bc people ask for it?

Will more unique features be removed just because Joe Shmoe can't hande them?

That's pretty limiting and also kind of anti-customer taking already given functionality away -.-

Excuse my french ...

Comment

the midi freezing fix seems to be working for me so far.. will try different setup, i had to kinda sidetrack my bluebox because of the freezing before

Comment

Originally posted by Unacknowledged View Post
                I'm also really disappointed with the exclusion of the original reverb parameters page.

That was one reason I wanted to buy the box, now finally bought it and after updating I realized it's gone.

Why can't the new presets that are ok for beginners who need bread and butter coexist with an advanced mode?

Why deleting already given functionality that made the unit unique just bc people ask for it?

Will more unique features be removed just because Joe Shmoe can't hande them?

That's pretty limiting and also kind of anti-customer taking already given functionality away -.-

Excuse my french ...
                we made the change IN RESPONSE to user requests so it is not "anti-customer." If you would like to request a change or feature, please use the wish list thread. Make sure to search before posting as this request exists. better to +1 than to duplicate. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• Drella22
                  Drella22 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was finding it difficult to quickly get "classic" reverbs with the amount of parameters there was so I like that it's somehow simplified. However...
                  What I really don't understand is why the whole UI was changed? Wasn't it possible to leave the page as is and add a preset recall possibility?
                  Then everybody would be happy... One could simply recall a preset ("Large Room", "Dark Hall", "Arena, Gravitas", ...) which would recall all the parameters and use as is (tweaking only Time, Pre D, Hi C, Lo C and Level parameter). More advanced users could still tweak the other parameters that were present in the previous version, if they want to. Saving your own preset would be the next logical step.
                  That could be a direction for the next firmware... ;-)

Pretext: I love the Bluebox! It fits perfectly into a niche into my space constrained studio, letting me make music in a space that otherwise wouldn’t allow. Thank you for making this product a reality and being so patient with your eager customers (:

-Two- Three bugs to report on 1.1.3:
                1. I’m having similar ERRORs while recording with running numbers that have been reported previously in this thread. I have a 512GB A2 SanDisk card. I was not running into this error with 1.0.x.
                2. Just once, I ran into an issue where a noise, sounding like digital distortion, was added to the main output and the phones/cue. I ruled out the sound sources. Rebooting the Bluebox remedied the problem.
                3. Saving the active project sometimes fails. I often get into a state where I cannot save the current project - the save button is greyed out when hovering over all projects. The association of the current project and the saved projects is getting lost somehow. I can only load a new project or start a new project.
                GeneralFeedback:
                I still find the behaviour of playing previous tracks quite confusing. I have midi-in hooked up for clock and start/stop from my hardware sequencer, so sometimes I start turning knobs wondering why nothing is having an impact, just to realize that a previous take is being played. Some sort of per-track indicator to show that a previous take is being played would go a long way to remedying this issue for me (in lieu of a more clear “active take” paradigm). Relying on tracks being armed for recording to prevent this behaviour is not the most versatile approach.

Last edited by scuttlefish; 11-03-2021, 04:39 PM. Reason: Adding bug #3

Comment

• Steve
                  Steve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  to be clear, you want something other than what is behind EDIT > B?

• scuttlefish
                  scuttlefish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, the ‘Edit B’ page in the proj screen is a bit too tucked away for me to remember that it’s engaged. After recording a take or two, I’ll often veer off to something quite different. When it comes time to record, ghosts from the past make me think I broke my patch.

Originally posted by Steve View Post

we made the change IN RESPONSE to user requests so it is not "anti-customer." If you would like to request a change or feature, please use the wish list thread. Make sure to search before posting as this request exists. better to +1 than to duplicate. Thanks for posting.
                Will do and thanks for the advice.

I just generally think it's a really bad idea to take away features that were already implemented.

Not every owner of a device is willing to join a forum or follow the mainstream of users just because they decided to dislike a certain feature.

Put in an advanced mode botton that those users disliking the reverb features can ignore but don't just purge the feature alltogether since maybe some people really liked that feature. Thanks for answering.
                Last edited by Unacknowledged; 10-29-2021, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unacknowledged View Post
                  I just generally think it's a really bad idea to take away features that were already implemented.

Not every owner of a device is willing to join a forum or follow the mainstream of users just because they decided to dislike a certain feature.

Put in an advanced mode botton that those users disliking the reverb features can ignore but don't just purge the feature alltogether since maybe some people really liked that feature. Thanks for answering.
                  They also don't have to update past V1.

Comment

• We created an incredible, unwieldy reverb. Many people commented (and complained) that it should be changed. So we changed it and added Models as starting points to make it more user-friendly. People are now commenting (and complaining) that we took something away or that they "want it back."

Rest assured, we hear you. We also understand WHY you want it back. You don't need to convince us further. From this point, a simple +1 will suffice.

Comment

• Unacknowledged
                      Unacknowledged commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for answering. I am grateful for the machine. And for your work. Thanks for the heads-up.
                  Working...
                  X