Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unacknowledged
    replied
    I'm also really disappointed with the exclusion of the original reverb parameters page.

That was one reason I wanted to buy the box, now finally bought it and after updating I realized it's gone.

Why can't the new presets that are ok for beginners who need bread and butter coexist with an advanced mode?

Why deleting already given functionality that made the unit unique just bc people ask for it?

Will more unique features be removed just because Joe Shmoe can't hande them?

That's pretty limiting and also kind of anti-customer taking already given functionality away -.-

Excuse my french ...

Leave a comment:

• Klaustrophil
    replied
    I'd love to have the "advanced mode" back for the reverb. The preset modes are a great idea for beginners or situations where you need it to "just work" but for more serious and experimental approaches, the full control was great. Even though it's a bit off-topic, I'd also love to have this level of advanced control on the delay too

Leave a comment:

• Doomservice
    replied
    In case it hasn't been suggested already. I now use three external effects with my Bluebox, and it would be great if you could somehow include send for OUT3 in the track mode view, next to CUE and OUT2, so I can see it there as well. I understand that there might be a lack of space there, but maybe squeeze everything together a bit more, or move the REC button.

Also, the Bluebox is really great and I think you've made a real good job designing it and it's interface!

Leave a comment:

• mschurenko
    replied
    Aside from being able to pause playbook and scrub backwards and forwards I actually prefer the 1.0 version. The reverb is worse now IMO as so much of the functionality has been removed. I don't even use it anymore as I can't seem to get anything that I like. The timeline thing in Edit is just really confusing when dealing with multiple takes.

Leave a comment:

• nanostepper
    replied
    Hi all,

Just chiming in - I really like the reverb presets, they're very helpful for me!

Thanks and looking forward to seeing what comes next!

Leave a comment:

• FattyBoomBatty
    replied
    Damn, I'm going to have to get a second one to use as a drum bus! Great update.

My numero uno enhancement would be a channel compressor, ideally with side-chaining, even if it is only a very basic compressor and even if it costs a band or two of EQ. Please, please, pretty please

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    The red text is the number of audio errors encountered. What are the specs of your microSD card?

Leave a comment:

• sinedie
    commented on 's reply
    @Steve Just to be sure, I downgraded back to 1.0.11 today and played a bit, ~~it doesn't seem to freeze under the same conditions. So it's probably introduced by the 1.1 changes~~. I'll make more thorough testing, but lately I could freeze the 1.1 sometimes in less than 10s, it seems that when transport is engaged and it receives a lot of midi data the freeze occurs very quickly.

EDIT: I let it play in background, and the UI froze after 164 bars, so same as 1.1.2 :-(
    To be honest this is now a bit worrying that the freezing occurs on a non-beta firmware, meaning that I can't use the midi clock which is problematic to sync the delay fx. I hope that you can find the issue! Just to make it extra clear, only the UI is freezing and not responding. The audio continues to play in the last state it was before the freeze.
    Last edited by sinedie; 09-27-2021, 07:11 AM.

• ibisum
    replied
    Yes, I can confirm this is the case for me as well. I have reproduced this:

1. Format the SD card.
    2. Start a new project, record on all tracks a session - say, 2 or 3 minutes.
    3. Stop the REC.
    4. Save Project.
    5. Restart BB.
    6. Start REC again - same as before, on all channels.
    7. Get ERROR xxxK, where xxx is a number - is this a buffer underrun count, maybe?

Will try with a 128G SD card next week some time, got a fast one ..

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    thanks for this report.

• 0101-Usr
    replied
    I have same issue few times. I try few SD cards (less than 128 GB) and finally I use 128 GB (but older, not sure if speed is ok). Anyway I found when it happen. My BB is connected with midi stuff and when I play sequencer it start counting in BB. When I start recording and stop sequencer and then turn it on again for new recording it record new tracks from position 0. Somehow, if previous track was recorded, new track show a lot of errors and nothing can't be fixed. I can load another project and start recording and it's the same. Sometimes I turn off BB and turn again. But last time I record all tracks without any error. I just filter midi commands and only clock was received on BB, no start/stop signals. And when I did it it allow me for 3,5 hours of recording on my card. So in summary, there is a problem when some tracks were recorded and then I record again (but I don't play any of them, all tracks are in REC mode). So my card allow to record all tracks + main, but without stop/play/rec again.

Leave a comment:

• ibisum
    replied
    Ah, thanks Steve, that's a decent clue - I will go ahead and get a bigger card for my Bluebox needs and give it another try at next weeks jam session - thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    we found the best performance with cards 128GB and larger as they offer larger write chunks.

• ibisum
    replied
    No, just recording 6 stereo tracks, no playback. The card is A2, 64GB. Same card worked fine in the previous firmware version, which was 1.0.x (from factory). I tried reformatting again this evening, but same situation. I'll pick up a new card tomorrow and see if this resolves it.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    I need more info... You are recording 6 stereo tracks while playing back 6 stereo tracks? have you tried using a card with an A2 rating, 128GB or larger?
Working...
X