Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nejben77
    replied
    Thanks for the update. My only issue with simplifying the reverb settings is that I can’t seem to get back that beautiful warbly tail that I got before, it sounded so impressive. Any tips on which algorithm to use to get that back? Also, now with LFO implies ration on the Blackbox (amazing!), I’d love to see they added to the Bluebox, especially to panning, and please please a DJ filter on the master - this would be so helpful for performance.

speaking of performance, I recently used the Bluebox at the recent DC Modular on the Mall event, where I was interviewed and couldn’t sing the Bluebox’s praises enough.

Leave a comment:

• Michal Ho
    replied
    Loving it so far!

Only two suggestions at the moment:
    1. The duration of holding button B for sleep mode should be nearer to 10s, not just 3s. IMO 3s is much too dangerous in live/onstage situations... (or even better something fool-proof, like: "hold B + press stop twice")
    2. I'd like a bypass function for the EQ, would be convenient when switching through filter modes and other use cases.

(3. already mentioned: spectrum analyzer)

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    What you are experiencing is intended. The input monitor of a track is directly connected to its rec/play state and the presence of a previously recorded take. You will need to Stop in order for some changes to take effect. you have found one of those.

• Michal Ho
    replied
    Ordered one today, finally.

Leave a comment:

• Airyck
    replied
    I'm experiencing what might be a bug. In my case I have recorded 2 different files on the first track. If the bluebox is playing an "active" file and then I turn off the active file I'm not able to monitor the input right away. Sometimes I have to go and activate and deactivate the 2 files before I can hear the "live input" again. It's possibly related to if the bluebox is playing or not. I'll try to pin down an exact routine and report back.

Edit:
    Here is something that I can repeat.
    • Make the recording "Active" and press play. I can hear the file playing back.
    • While it's playing I deactivate the file and it's just silence (I have something playing into the live inputs during this time).
    • If I press stop and play with no files active I still can't hear the input.
    • I have to activate the file again (while it's stopped). At this point I can hear the input.
    • I can then deactivate the file again and press play.

Shouldn't the sound come through when no files are active on a track?
    I feel like I should be able to activate and deactivate a file to switch between monitoring the input and playing back a file.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    sinedie thanks. This is great detail. I am still trying to track down the cause. Seems it happens when the transport is engaged.

• sirshannon
    replied
    Is there a way we can get an official word on when a firmware version goes from beta to official release? I'm trying to hold out until 1.1 leaves beta but, like my experience with Blackbox firmware updates, we seem to have reached a point where 1.1 is the defacto prod release version now.

Leave a comment:

• nilsemil
    replied
    is the extensive reverb settings completely gone in the 1.1 or just very hidden? kind of miss them

Leave a comment:

• tutschdamoon
    replied
    This update came so much faster than I expected!
    Great job!
    The OUT 2 splitting, as much as the "play from" and "punch in" functions, were the two things standing in the way of working seriously with the device.

Leave a comment:

• rev-eng
    replied
    Still loving my boxes, both Blue and Black! However, I think it is may have been mentioned earlier in this thread, and it's certainly in the wishlist, but the volume faders really need a different scaling. It's so hard to fine tune volumes, especially with certain MIDI controllers which would otherwise pair so sell with the Bluebox (eg Launchpad Pro mk3). It goes from barely audible to too loud within such a small margin.

Leave a comment:

• sinedie
    commented on 's reply
    @Steve I just tried today connecting the Digitakt midi out directly to the Bluebox midi in, and I could reproduce the same freeze.

Few things to note:
    - On my first try, after ~40min running I notificed the bluebox did not freeze, but then I saw that the BB wasn't "playing" (play button not green), probably because when I played a bit and prepared the setup I pressed the stop button while the DT kept running. Interestingly, the BB did not froze with that condition, but is it listening to midi clock when it's not playing?
    - Just after noticing this, I restarted the DT which triggered the BB to play. Less than 30min after (sorry I kept it running in background so I don't know the exact time) the BB froze (at bar 129:4, tempo on my DT was 139).

To add more context, the BB seems pretty hot when I touch it (is it normal?), and I'm not using the original PSU to power it. I'll try to make another test with the original PSU to see if changes anything.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Tried with original PSU, it froze exactly the same way, this time at bar 169:4.
    Last edited by sinedie; 08-17-2021, 07:04 AM.

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    The not saving has been reported. The knobs do start at the default for the current model.

• Affectionate-Bee
    commented on 's reply
    Weazel Thanks for the response. Certainly seems like a bug. Curious if the team has seen it or if I should send an email/start a new thread?

• Weazel
    commented on 's reply
    I have experienced the same issue and it’s a cause for problem in my current projects. I think it’s a bug.

• Weazel
    commented on 's reply
    Good idea adzghost, an advanced mode could be nice.
Working...
X