Possible Bug: Receiving Midi CC for EQ type resets it to "None"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Bug: Receiving Midi CC for EQ type resets it to "None"

I think I might have found a bug. I'm using Bluebox v.1.1.1 with a Deluge and a Midi controller. When receiving Midi CC values to control the EQ type (on CC numbers that have previously been learned to the Bluebox) the CC values do not cycle through the available type options (Low Cut, Param, Hi Shelf, etc..) but always instantly reset the type to "None".

I tried it with different Midi sources (sequencer, controller), CC numbers & values, on different channels of the Bluebox and on different EQ-Bands, always with the same result.
    Last edited by mmediacy; 08-09-2021, 11:18 AM.

I can corroborate for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 as well.

Comment

I can see what you are seeing. FYI - the Type control was not meant to be exposed via CC. The issue is that the device allows you to assign a CC when it should not. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Hello Steve, thank you for your response and the info.

It would be a pity not to expose the EQ Type via CC since this would provide a very quick way to de/activate single EQ bands via an external controller.

Since the Bluebox itself doesn't allow the EQ to be easily turned on/off (please correct me if I'm wrong), I thought I had found a workaround with CC's ...

Should I write this up as a suggestion and post it in the wishlist category of the forum?

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely search first as this discussion has happened at least once or twice.

• mmediacy
          mmediacy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I can see other users requesting a way to easily disable the EQ - I will chime in there. Thanks for the heads up.

It seems like you have a good method of disabling the EQ though that behavior is not intended as TYPE should be blocked. This has come up more than once and it is something we discuss. I can't say for sure what we will do or when that will happen but it seems reasonable to ask for control of the Type parameter. initially, we left this out because accidentally changing that control can have an awful outcome, sonically.

Comment

• mmediacy
          mmediacy commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah yeah, I can see what you mean as it can be quite loud when changing types. I plan to avoid this by having designated bands (low, mid, mid2, hi) and scaling the output of my Midi controller to max/min values per band. Each band then only gets a limited choice of 2 or 3 Eq relevant types (but not the ones creating a sonic badaboom). But I understand this is a very specific use case and not everyone has access to a Midi controller that can scale values. Thank you again for your response and have a nice day !

I'd love to have type selectable too! Plz do it like Ableton where the CC Range is split up by the amount of type options eg like in the Autofilter.

Comment

Working...
        X