Bugs with playback and monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs with playback and monitoring

Sometimes during playback the audio drops out. The only solution seems to be power cycling it. Also sometimes after playing a wave file I am no longer able to monitor the incoming signal on the respective track. Again the only solution seems to be power cycling.

Are these known issues? I really want to like this device as it's pretty great when it works but honestly I see myself having sell it if these bugs can't be resolved. I simply cannot rely on the bluebox as it is right now. I am using the latest firmware.

I’ve lost the ability to monitor incoming audio and had to power cycle as well.

EDIT: In fact, I just had to power cycle my Bluebox to hear anything from the audio inputs. This was in a project with no recorded audio on the latest (beta) firmware. 1.1.3.

I believe this is happening after swapping some inputs/outputs … repatching my setup. Do the inputs/outputs have any sort of circuit “protection” that may be being tripped when patching?
    Last edited by Distropolis; 10-18-2021, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I have had a few situations again where the audio does not pass out of the device (metering seems to work, but no audio out the main out). It may involve static discharge into the metal frame of the BB(???). That’s all I can come up with. This just happened without unplugging/plugging anything in.

Pulling the plug and restarting has always resolved the issue.

Comment

are there any patterns you can share? Does it happen on the same set of inputs? Or all inputs? How are you powering? (I have to ask).

Comment

In my case, I have no recorded audio. When the audio from the inputs stopped being passed through it can be either all of them or individual outputs. I am powering from a 10 watt Apple iPad power supply (capable of delivering 2 amps).

Comment

Here is a variation on the input monitoring issue. My Bluebox randomly decided to split and rearrange my inputs. I believe it is just the track meters that started not displaying the inputs correctly. I am just getting left or right input on some channels. I am feeding the Bluebox stereo inputs to the channels labeled “M8” and “Norns”. Somehow the meters show only a left or right signal coming in (and even on tracks that should no be receiving input). I am not hard panning anything.

This was resolved by power cycling.

Comment

In my case there are variations. Sometime the playback is gone, sometimes the mixer is not forwarding the sound anymore. When I save the projekt - powercycle - than everything is working again for some time..

Comment

I have had this issue as well. Just got my bluebox last weekend. I have my modular going into input 1 and 2, digitakt on 3 and send from out 2 to my analog heat returning to input 4. After recording a session, i could no longer hear or see the audio on tracks 2,3 and 4. Track 1 I could still see and hear the audio. When i changed the input source on track 1 to 2, 3 or 4 (mono) I could see and hear the audio. I power cycled and still had issue. Turned off, stepped away for about 30 mins came back and turned on and I was getting audio on all tracks again. I'm on firmware 1.1.3.

Comment

• Steve
                  Steve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  what are the SD card specs?

• cemsema
                  cemsema commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The 32 GB Kingston card that came with the device.

I have the same issue, once in a while a certain track doesn't seem to process input anymore. After a power on/off it again receives, meters and outputs signal again. Latest version of the firmware and using the SD card that came with the device.

Comment

Bumping this, it’s happening to me as well. New BlueBox owner and still learning the device. So far just individual tracks intermittently no longer outputting audio, resettable by disconnecting power and reconnecting. Am curious if there’s been any new insight on what’s causing the issue? I’m still on the supplied sd card…can anyone confirm that upgrading the card helps?

Comment

To everyone experiencing this:

Thanks for reporting. We are looking at this now. In the future, PLEASE include other relevant info... which version of firmware (as a number) are you using? How are you powering the device? Which wall adapter? Which USB power cable? Which inputs were you using? How long was the device powered on? The specs of your microSD card.

It is not enough to say "This is happening to me." We need more details. Share as much as possible. We want to fix this. Thanks again for contributing.

Comment

Is there any update around fixing the stability issues? I'm guessing there won't be much feature development (which is fine with me) given that 1010music has two new products out but are you still working on fixing bugs? I was using firmware 1.1.3 and 1.1.2 and had the same issues

Comment

Related to this, what is the stable version people should be using, 1.1.2? Seems like 1.1.3 is "experimental"?

Comment

Originally posted by mschurenko View Post
                          Related to this, what is the stable version people should be using, 1.1.2? Seems like 1.1.3 is "experimental"?
                          This is exactly my question. I got a new BB on Friday and I'm still on 1.0.8. I had no problems with the BB... yet. Not sure if I should update to 1.1.3 or 1.1.2. I don't want to make my BB unstable.

Comment

Hi, same issues:
                            - sometimes, suddenly nothing seems to get in, nor through and I have to make a restart.
                            - recordings would show an error sign
                            - recorded files are empty or like two seconds short.

I am running 1.1.3 and a very recently bought bluebox, I use the SD card that came with it (32GB).

My story went like this:
                            - I had everything running, music came in and went through, the tracks where still armed on "rec".
                            - I turned them off and I went to "edit" and listened briefly to a pre-made recording, stopped it, went back to the mixer and nothing came in nor through anymore (so, didn't see the signals moving). Had to turn the bluebox off and on to get the incoming sound back. This happened twice.
                            - I then recorded two sessions, (oh damn, they were of course nice) and with the second I got an error message with a number behind it that changed while I kept recording. I stopped the recording at 7M.
                            - The files were not usable, most of them empty, some super short, others longer, some had different numbers.
                            > I was recording into a session, that I had previously used for recording (successfully).

Comment

Working...
                            X