Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    The bluebox works great with almost every MIDI controller. Yes, we left out the MAIN fader. Thanks to the requests we are considering adding it.

• steeldust
    replied
    Ok thanks for the answer. I decided to learn from this and go on using the bluebox without a midi controller. The Bluebox seems not to be made for beeing midi-controlled, let alone the missing CC master-volume. Still don't understand the meaning behind it but ok.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    Feel free to make a wish list post if you have not. The wish list is the appropriate place for this.

• 0101-Usr
    replied
    Originally posted by steeldust View Post
    Thanks @all for the answers. One last question: With the Korg nanoKONTROL 2, is there any use for the buttons on the left side in combination with the Bluebox?
    Left side buttons may be assigned the same way like any other, to any assignable function in BB. But there is no option like moving between tracks (left/right buttons), just momentary/toggle buttons.

Leave a comment:

• steeldust
    replied
    Thanks @all for the answers. One last question: With the Korg nanoKONTROL 2, is there any use for the buttons on the left side in combination with the Bluebox?

Leave a comment:

• 0101-Usr
    replied
    Can anyone confirm that the Korg nanoKONTROL 2 does work with the Bluebox? This controller has no master-fader, which isn't supported by the Bluebox anyway, and only one knob per track. That's at least better than nothing.
    This is very nice small, light controller for BB. If you use it as portable setup, then you will like it. There are two controllers per track - knob and slider, and you may use them both for any CC (for example cutoff and resonance). You may program buttons to send any predefined value for example MUTE will change reverb between 0% and 30% - just an idea. My dream for BB is if we could combine two controllers (for example MUTE button AND SLIDER) to assign as separated controller. We could use one simple nanokontrol and press MUTE+knob for Cutoff, SOLO+know for resonance, RECORD+knob for delay effect etc. This could be perfect solution for me. I'll sent it to wish list

I'm waiting for promised Behringer BCR32 - but there is no any information for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• rev-eng
    replied
    Can anyone confirm that the Korg nanoKONTROL 2 does work with the Bluebox? This controller has no master-fader, which isn't supported by the Bluebox anyway, and only one knob per track. That's at least better than nothing.
    Yep, definitely works.

Leave a comment:

• steeldust
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 0101-Usr
    replied
    There was another problem (feature.....) about Akai Midimix. It was described here with additional feature request for BB.

https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...-mute-solo-out

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Thanks for writing.

Yes, we agree that mapping the master volume is important and we have it on our short list for requests.

Have you tried the MIDI editor software supplied by Akai? There you may be able to change how the mute/solo/and Rec buttons work. You should be able to adjust whether they are momentary or toggle style. The LED feedback will need to be internal.

I know some other users have found the Novation controllers to work well.

Please let us know what you find.

Leave a comment:

• steeldust
    started a topic BLUEBOX and AKAI MIDIMIX

BLUEBOX and AKAI MIDIMIX

Hi,

I bought an AKAI MIDIMIX, which is a Midi-USB-Controller with faders, knobs and buttons for mute, rec and solo. To my disappointment the buttons dont't work as toggle, meaning that e.g. if I press and release mute, the track does not mute. I expected this device to toggle mute, rec and solo. Also the buttons for some reson never light up.

The other issue ist, that I cannot use the master volume fader on the midi device, because there seems to be no midi learn on the bluebox side for the output levels. I am surpridesd, for these are the most important controls at all.

Now I have 3 questions:

1) Why am I not able to toggle things with the buttons and why do they not light up?

2) Is it possible to use the master fader to controll the volume for out 1?

3) Can someone recommend other midi controllers that do not have these issues with the Bluebox?

Thank you!
Working...
X