Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bluebox midi sync, punch in, start from seems unreliable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluebox midi sync, punch in, start from seems unreliable.

Hello!
    So my BB is getting clock and transport via midi trs from my Digitakt. When I set it to start at a specific bar, and hit play, it either begins a half bar (or less) early or later, or if I’m lucky, it does start on time. If I do it a couple times (start/stop) in row I can hear it going..half bar early, half bar later…and then right on time! And sorta cycles thru in the same order. It’s a consistent and highly replicable problem on my end. I’m using the latest beta that was dropped back in March (or April?). Has anyone else encountered this problem? I also haven’t tried using the BB as the clock master, because it wouldn’t be very ideal for my current set up.
    Thanks for the help!

We will always need to know which firmware version (as a number) you are using in order to help.

Comment

Ah! So that sense…and also led me to realize there was a new beta that dropped in May! I’m on .7 now and it seems alittle better. But still alternates between being on beat and then a little late. I just switched the bb to send transport to everything else and it is definitely a lot more accurate…which makes sense I suppose. Is there any possibility the BB could accept analog clock in from one of the inputs or possibly the midi-in in the near future? I think it really comes down to midi just not being the best resolution for spot on reliability. Anyways, thanks for your response!

Comment

If you can, send a video of this. Enable only the metronome/click on both devices. Maybe send/show your MIDI settings for clock, transport, etc. We can try to reproduce what you are doing. Not sure if adding an analog clock input is possible.

Comment

Working...
        X