Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jayneural
    replied
    I was also thinking an OP-1 style editor could be really cool, like using A/B and rotaries to split, lift, move and drop portions of audio.

Actually with the rotaries the move part could be even more convenient.

That would also let us set the punch-in recording position in the armed tracks.

And suddenly this thing aside to the Blackbox would become an OP-1 in steroids. Only a base providing indépendant power to both of them + stereo speakers will be missing

Leave a comment:

• Randomaztec
    replied
    I would like to see a waveform display with the ability to set loop points , cut sections , lift, drop repeat ..op1 like workflow except with better stero sound quality and dealing in wave form not tracks... The op1 beat matching concept very handy for cutting and splicing.

Leave a comment:

• idylmind
    replied
    You can reply and comment supporting the idea you like.

Leave a comment:

• Solipsvs
    replied
    individual suggestions should be in their own threads so they can be liked / upvoted

Leave a comment:

• mattbiddulph
    commented on 's reply
    Another vote for dual mono sends!

• visious
    commented on 's reply
    yes: playback jog position. perhaps separate macro and micro resolution controls. plus: referencing even the most rudimentary visual ‘waveform’ of the total mix length would be useful.

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    how would you use a looper? which feature are you looking for?

• idylmind
    replied
    Feature Requests

Custom user presets for EQ
    This would allow "copying" to apply it to other projects or while moving tracks around.
    If you have 5-10 projects for a performance, it would be helpful to "save" a setting and quickly be able to apply that setting after loading each session.

Disable sends on individual tracks
    For example, disabling the "Out 2" send on a FX Return to avoid accidental feedback loops.

Numerical values for all knobs
    It would help recalling and dialing in settings across multiple channels / projects

Custom colors for tracks (even if it's a small selection of 3 or 4 colors)
    I would use this to denote stems and fx returns VS live input tracks

Class Compliant USB Audio
    It would seemingly make it a goto mixer for streaming performances. Being able to plug usb into your phone and stream the audio would save from having to use an additional device, simplifying streaming setups.

Class Compliant MIDI over USB (and MIDI through)
    I had hoped I would be able to use this box to let my OP-1 “talk” to DIN MIDI passing through the front MIDI ports.

Last edited by idylmind; 01-17-2021, 07:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• idylmind
    commented on 's reply
    You can copy the project on your computer, rename it, load it back onto the Bluebox, remove all audio files and click save. Put that back on your computer and call it template. Copy that template a few times back onto your SD card and just rename that template when you want to create a new project.

• _the55
    commented on 's reply
    dual mono sends on OUT2 (and CUE) would be huge

• _the55
    replied
    very happy with the new awesome box, definitely meeting expectations. one workflow thing so far:

problem

when starting a new project i would like the track settings, input mapping, midi settings to come from an existing project. but not sound files

possible solutions
    • "Templates for projects" *
    • simply a "new from" option, where a new project is created from an old, but not copying sounds
    • "save as" or "copy project" *. open a project, save as a new project... i guess manually delete existing sounds
    • etc?
    * h/t to previous posters

if there is someway to do this currently, i'd be happy to hear it. thx

Leave a comment:

• idylmind
    replied
    Feature Requests / Changes

Delay and Reverb FX returns send to CUE (aka send FX to custom mix)
    Delay and Reverb don't show up in CUE mix

EQ start in bypass / ability to bypass (perhaps button B)
    Would allow for performance type moves, like a preset LPF you can engage with the push of a button.
    Selecting eq band type shouldn’t be active, as you scroll through eq band types, it's active causing filtering to happen, making "live eq" a problem.
    An easy fix might be to tweak the default LPF and HPF frequencies. Right now "H Cut" starts at 80Hz, which is pretty extreme when you're cycling through to select your preferred band type.
    Perhaps change the default state of the LPF to 10K and HPF could maybe start at 20Hz?

Add playback jog position
    Maybe using a knob to increase or decrease playback position on the quarter note. Or one knob for quarter and the other for one bar.

Dual mono sends on output 2
    Right now I have a ZOIA in an FX loop but I only need a mono send into it. I would like to use Left to send to ZOIA and Right to send to an OP-1 input. If output 2 could be split into mono with 2 different send levels, it would allow for 2 FX loops without having to lose your CUE output.

Copy & Delete Projects

Copy & Paste (or save) track level/sends settings

Compression gain reduction meter
    Last edited by idylmind; 01-15-2021, 01:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• juvenille A
    replied
    My wish list
    -Any Left(or Right) output could be as send1 for an external mono FX1(could merge stereo signal to mono)
    -Any Right(or Left) output could be as send2 for an external mono FX2(could merge stereo signal to mono)

because crazy effect pedals are always built as mono...

Leave a comment:

• WDDSmusic
    replied
    Hi all. My main requests are the ability to use the bluebox as a live looper and Midi CC similar to how the Blackbox operates. If it gets both of those in a new firmware update its an instant purchase for me!

Leave a comment:

• duncandisorderly
    replied
    midi control over mixer parameters using CC or NRPN. recording the midi input, whether it's this 'automation' data or a midi performance from other instruments, or both. multiple tracks of this... record a midi performance alongside audio tracks, then record a midi automation so that a mixdown or mix-performance can be repeated.
    'fuel gauge' for card usage, cpu & so on.
    record the stereo mix (with effects) as well as the stems. allow multiple takes of this, so that if you're building a performance a track (or more) at a time, the 'take' increments with each additional track, so you have multiple versions of the stereo master track accumulating alongside the clean tracks/takes. you would be able to discard these rough/guide mixes as the project progresses.
    I'll think of more... :-)

uh, yeah.... here's one- midi control (either from outside the unit or the 'automation track' or both) of active take.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X