Per channel compressor with sidechain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per channel compressor with sidechain

It would be great if not only the main mix, but each channel had a compressor, using the signal of any other channel as a sidechain input.

+1, can also be done even with just a limiter.

But indeed sidechaining would be a crucial feature that no hardware mixers I know of have.

Comment

+1

I'd take sidechain on the master comp if I could get the drums out separately using the cue output, but definitely per channel would be ideal.

Comment

+1 Sidechaining would be amazing

Comment

+1 for sidechain, in fact does not have to be fully fledged compressor, just ducker

Comment

+1 from me. Would be great to able sidechain from any channel.

Comment

Originally posted by jayneural View Post
              But indeed sidechaining would be a crucial feature that no hardware mixers I know of have.
              Most bigger digital mixers do. My SQ-6 can have a sidechained compressor on all 48 channels and 14 mixes. Would be awesome to have even a couple of sidechains here — I can totally see there needing to be some limits just for CPU reasons, but that would still be workable.

Comment

• trycatch
                trycatch commented
                Editing a comment
                And the B company does it even in their inexpensive XAIR mixers. Gate + EQ + Comp with sidechain for each track. I tried those but hate the indirect wifi/tablet/laptop control.

I'd even be happy if the per-channel compressors are much simpler than the master comp. Sidechaining would be fantastic.

Comment

Working...
              X