Per channel compressor with sidechain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per channel compressor with sidechain

It would be great if not only the main mix, but each channel had a compressor, using the signal of any other channel as a sidechain input.

+1, can also be done even with just a limiter.

But indeed sidechaining would be a crucial feature that no hardware mixers I know of have.

Comment

+1

I'd take sidechain on the master comp if I could get the drums out separately using the cue output, but definitely per channel would be ideal.

Comment

+1 Sidechaining would be amazing

Comment

+1 for sidechain, in fact does not have to be fully fledged compressor, just ducker

Comment

+1 from me. Would be great to able sidechain from any channel.

Comment

Originally posted by jayneural View Post
              But indeed sidechaining would be a crucial feature that no hardware mixers I know of have.
              Most bigger digital mixers do. My SQ-6 can have a sidechained compressor on all 48 channels and 14 mixes. Would be awesome to have even a couple of sidechains here — I can totally see there needing to be some limits just for CPU reasons, but that would still be workable.

Comment

• trycatch
                trycatch commented
                Editing a comment
                And the B company does it even in their inexpensive XAIR mixers. Gate + EQ + Comp with sidechain for each track. I tried those but hate the indirect wifi/tablet/laptop control.

I'd even be happy if the per-channel compressors are much simpler than the master comp. Sidechaining would be fantastic.

Comment

+1 from me. Would be great to able sidechain from any channel.

Comment

You could implement sidechain pumping by modulating volume with a cc from another device, that allows you to do midi patching.
                  Me personally I would do it in axoloti, but i guess empress zoia, bela, teensy etc would all work.
                  You could route the midi sequence of the kick to that device. This signal would trigger an inverted ad envelope that is being sent as cc back to blackbox.

Comment

+1 Yes please!! Or maybe even 1 bus or master effect that can do this.

Comment

+1 indeed. Maybe compressor on each track is a bit too much to ask to the cpu. but sidechaining oh yeah

Comment

• jayneural
                        jayneural commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don’t know if it takes less CPU, but maybe just a limiter per channel with side-chaining source selection could be enough to get a similar effect.

Originally posted by sinet93305 View Post
                      It would be great if not only the main mix, but each channel had a compressor, using the signal of any other channel as a sidechain input.
                      For me this is a given even before thinking of purchasing the blue box.
                      I really want to purchase it but not having compressors on each channel is a big negative.
                      If this is something that will definitely be added in the near future I would buy right now instead of the Zoom L-12.

Would be nice to also have a master limiter too.

Comment

Working...
                      X