Per channel compressor with sidechain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pro424 View Post
    one-shot triggered CC LFOs for the Midihub which has now been implemented. This means I can have the same note triggering the kick in the Nord Drum 2 trigger a tempo synced one shot LFO (ramp) in the Midihub. Using the learn function of the Bluebox I can route this to any channels volume in the Bluebox and thus have pumping
    So you have set up Midi to a 1-LFO "pump" cycle controlling volume for a specific channel in your mix?
    And thus creating a "ducking" effect? Cool! Thanks for the information, inspiring!

Even though my greatest compressor-wish still is to be able to compress a single channel (or 2 or more channels together) on Bluebox. As someone said above "push my bass without ducking my mix"

Cheers, //W.

Comment

• pro424
      pro424 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes exactly. So the same midi note that triggers my kick also triggers a single cycle LFO with a ramp waveform on CC100. Basically an inverted decay envelope or attack and hold. On the Bluebox I can route this using midi learn, selecting the channel volume for any channel, and simply trigger the kick

If pumping is what your looking for this works quite well I would say. However, if you’re looking for a more traditional compressor (as it sounds like you are) this trick won’t work.

Even being able to bypass the compressor on specific channels and adding a sidechain would be huge and potentially more doable than per-channel compression.

Comment

Originally posted by bamshanks View Post
      Even being able to bypass the compressor on specific channels and adding a sidechain would be huge and potentially more doable than per-channel compression.
      Genious! Agree.

Comment

Working...
      X