Copy and Rename!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy and Rename!

It would be nice to be able to create a template since the setup probably won't change a lot (track names,Cue settings etc). A simple "copy Project" without audio files should work.

You can use File > Save As... to create templates.

Comment

Mmmmmm, I can't seem to be able to even get to the "Save as" menu. The only option available after loading a project is the "New" and "Rename" options. The Save tab seems greyed out.
      Last edited by dutchsoundguy; 01-20-2021, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        sorry. wrong thread. you are correct that there is no Save As...

Mmmm that's somewhat disappointing. That means that every time I want to record a project I have to set up a new one from scratch. Sounds like something you guys could add in a firmware upgrade

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        We ARE still working on this box and also very interested in your feedback. A generic save As.. command does not work as well for the bluebox since recording can create a lot of large files. Do you really want to duplicate that? Likely no. So we are looking at creating and saving templates as a solution. Thanks for the report.

• jayneural
        jayneural commented
        Editing a comment
        Personally I would like to have the option to either save as the whole project or to create a template from it. The file packing feature of the blackbox would also be good to have.

I would suggest (As I did in the support thread.. Sorry) a LOAD WITHOUT file option, instead of SAVE AS TEMPLATE. Its a bit the same, but more streamlined I think. BUt yeah, this is hardly needed here ! Thank you !

Comment

I’d rather see a “save as template” with a /Templates structure it will be saving into on the sd card and then a “New with template” option that allows to choose the template from this same /Templates structure.

Comment

The fact that you guys are here and aknowledging this, gives me so much hope!!! I think you just need to chose a solution that works best for you guys. As a former developer my self I would suggest you dictate the workflow instead of trying to appease everyone elses workflow

Comment

I'm super excited to see that this is getting looked into as well. I just got my bluebox yesterday and this was the only complaint I had with it after figuring it out. My desk is fairly static so I really don't want to rename and remap tracks every time I spin up a new project.

Comment

Firmware update v1.07 posted a few hours ago addresses the request with « Save as template » feature

thanks 1010music !

the same on the next Blackbox would be cool. At least « export/import mapping ».

Comment

Alright, dumb question time. I see how to save a project as a template. How do I make a new project from a template...?

Comment

Nevermind, just re-read the change notes and I totally misinterpretted what it meant. For those who were equally confused, here's what you need to do. Basically, create a project that you want to act as your template. From there, when you are ready to create your next project, select your template project, then choose "save as template" and give it a name. That will create a duplicate project with the new name.

Comment

You can save any project as a template. It will create the project, preserve the settings, and remove all of the audio files.

Comment

Our wish was granted ! May 1010's path covered in roses till the end of times, and this thread closed.

Comment

It does exactly what it says it does but I am not sure if it uses the right wording. It basically copies an excisting session without any media. So its more of a "Save copy as" . Either way I am glad you guys were able to add this feature so fast! Really refreshing to see a company listen to their user base.

Comment

• Steve
                          Steve commented
                          Editing a comment
                          we used different wording to (hopefully) avoid some confusion
                      Working...
                      X