Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    replied
    Sorry for the delay. In version 1.1, you can sync recording with external devices via MIDI. Here are the steps:
    • Connect external box MIDI to MIDI input on bluebox
    • Hold the record button on bluebox
    • Press play on the external box. Bluebox will then begin recording in sync.

Leave a comment:

• 0101-Usr
    replied
    Documentation is still on version 1.0.5 as I see... It could be nice to update it

Leave a comment:

• damonb111
    replied
    So.. you can press record via MIDI now? I can't find this documented

Leave a comment:

• DanDay
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBlackHymn View Post
    Could the “tails” issue not be solved by switching your sequencer to an empty pattern while the fx tails out and then hit stop when it’s all gone quiet?
    When I first came up with the "tail" idea it was part if a vision being able tp configure Bluebox to auto-record every take.
    So the idea was being able to jam in a dawless setup and just capture the momentum when you get into a flow and there is this nice groove that you wish you would have recorded. With auto-record it is recorded and you can revise your session later and then cherry-pick the best parts and remix them later. Of course you can continuously record the complete session in one take and then cut it, But it's a lot more convenient if it is cut in proper takes automatically.

It just takes an option to make Bluebox record whenever play is issued via external transport and stop after a configurable tail.

So the idea was to not think about recording at all while jamming.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackHymn
    replied
    Could the “tails” issue not be solved by switching your sequencer to an empty pattern while the fx tails out and then hit stop when it’s all gone quiet?

Leave a comment:

• pzoooot
    replied
    I know you pulled 1.0.9, but I had downloaded it before you pulled it and I don't use MIDI control now, so figured I'd give it a try. Worked great. Did a bunch of passes with record triggered by a sequencer (Vector) and it worked perfectly. Everything looks good in the DAW.

I think someone commented that it would be nice if Stop recording could be disabled from MIDI control, at least as an option. When I hit stop on sequencer, the bluebox stops recording and you don't record those tails where some magic happens sometimes

Thanks a lot!!

Leave a comment:

• dc_Sux
    replied
    Amazing! Thanks Aaron!
    Looking forward to trying it out.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Fixed in version 1.0.9

Leave a comment:

• Alvaro
    replied
    +1 star record MIDI!

Leave a comment:

• dc_Sux
    replied
    These seem like pretty critical features. Sounds like the record start on ext. clock sync was supposed to be a function, so fingers crossed there is a fix soon.

Leave a comment:

• Dontlament
    replied
    Another big vote for auto-start for recording, and option to record the tails when stopping.

Leave a comment:

• timjohn
    replied
    Another vote for this, it is the only thing holding me back from purchasing it. If it worked as the Blackbox in this regard that would be spot on. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• DanDay
    replied
    Originally posted by Adesculpture View Post
    However, please think about how it stops recording! When I stop vector, BB stops and I get an abrupt cutoff of the recorded tracks. Any sustained notes are cutoff. So perhaps ability to auto start but have the option to keep rolling rather than stop.
    Yes, in my second post I had this wish mentioned already:
    "Oh and if we get to this point (and this could really be implemented) I would also like to have an option to stop recording not the moment I push on stop, but let it add a configurable tail to the recording (e.g. in seconds) to make sure the natural fade out of instruments is also recorded (and not stopped abrupt)."

Some sort of must have in that scenario...

Leave a comment:

• Adesculpture
    replied
    I have a vector sequencer routed to MIDI in jack on front panel, it starts and syncs to vector when vector is started but of course recording would be good.

However, please think about how it stops recording! When I stop vector, BB stops and I get an abrupt cutoff of the recorded tracks. Any sustained notes are cutoff. So perhaps ability to auto start but have the option to keep rolling rather than stop.

Leave a comment:

• pzoooot
    replied
    https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...438-midi-syncd
    based on this post, it seems like it’s a bug that it won’t start recording on MIDI clock. Hopefully it is and gets fixed soon!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X