EQ type selection by menu and not knobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EQ type selection by menu and not knobs

I find maybe a bit relevant to have EQ type selection by menu and not knobs to avoid unwanted dramatic sound changes while crawling through EQ type by knob. Am I alone in the case ?

I shall reiterate my desire for simple treble, mid, and bass cut/boost knobs as an eq option.

Comment

In my opinion, a simple four knob EQ, like on Allen&Heath mixers, would be perfect because it fits into the bluebox's interface concept because of the 4 knobs. (Example attached)
      I would also find a one knob filter cool, I have already made a post about this: https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...ne-knob-filter
      Attached Files

Comment

I posted in the wishlist ideas thread about the EQ.

It's not usable in a live setting the way it's currently implemented. There should be a bypass mode at the very least, so that when you're sweeping through to your preferred EQ band setting, you don't get crazy HP and LP cuts...etc. It's super powerful to have EQ per track, it just feels like it's not quite right yet though. A copy & paste for EQ settings would be nice as well!

Comment

I noticed too the rotary selection of EQ types is not ideal. If it was a push button rotary it would have worked.

There should be an action added with the A/B buttons to activate it but thought useful it could be counter intuitive for some.

So maybe the idea of the menu would make sense where the rotary selection would still work but we would also be able to select on the screen directly the type we need.

Comment

Originally posted by jayneural View Post
            I noticed too the rotary selection of EQ types is not ideal. If it was a push button rotary it would have worked.

There should be an action added with the A/B buttons to activate it but thought useful it could be counter intuitive for some.

So maybe the idea of the menu would make sense where the rotary selection would still work but we would also be able to select on the screen directly the type we need.
            To throw another idea into the game how about that:
            Currently A and B Buttons switch through the selected EQ Point and the bottom right Knob switches through the EQ mode for that EQ point.
            Can it be the other way around?
            So the bottom right Knob rotates through EQ Point selection and Button A/B through the the EQ mode for the selected EQ point?

And when I think on step further, if knob 4 rotates the selection of the EQ Point, then Button A and B can be used for two different functions, eg Button B turn on/off EQ and Button A open menu for selecting the EQ type.

Cheers,
            Dan Day

Comment

Hi Dan, the way you describe it though would still not be suitable to live situation as even with the button this would engage a rotation between the modes, you still won’t be able to choose directly the right mode and avoid ”artifacting” your output.

I think the only way to avoid that with current physical controls we have is either a menu also available on the UI and/or ability to MIDI map the switching to each mode.

Comment

Originally posted by jayneural View Post
                Hi Dan, the way you describe it though would still not be suitable to live situation as even with the button this would engage a rotation between the modes, you still won’t be able to choose directly the right mode and avoid ”artifacting” your output.

I think the only way to avoid that with current physical controls we have is either a menu also available on the UI and/or ability to MIDI map the switching to each mode.
                Hi Jay,

You are right. But I was thinking out loud. If you follow my "step further", being able to use the two knobs for two different functions, then you can provide your menu idea easily. So if you first move the selection of EQ Points to the bottom right knob (which is now done by the buttons), then you can implement two functions on the buttons (so set EQ on/off on one, opening the menu for EQ-Type selection on the other). This of course could also imply, that the EQ mode setting will be applied when the menu Item for mode was approved by the user. (Either by pressing it on the touch screen or by pressing the button again).

Comment

Maybe I should explain the workflow I have in mind more detailed.

On the Box you have Button B (left), Button A (Right), Knobs K1 (top) and K2 (bottom) on the left and K3 and K4 on the right,

On the EQ Page you would then:
                  - Push Button B to turn EQ immediately on or off (without changing EQ settings)
                  - Turn K4 to select the active EQ point
                  - Push Button A to enter the EQ Mode setting menu for the currently active EQ Point
                  - Turn K1 to K4 to select EQ mode in the menu
                  - Press Button A again to apply the selected EQ mode
                  or
                  - Press the desired EQ mode on the touchscreen to select and apply in one step

Hope thats sort of clearer.

Cheers,
                  Dan Day

Comment

Working...
                  X